ACV Auctions is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. We bring transparency to every transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind & value for our customers. We do this with a combination of the industrys best technology & the worlds best people. As a result of our teams tireless effort & dedication, were growing at a staggering rate. ACV is attracting new people from widely different backgrounds & geographies who are invested in the genuine belief that we are creating something special.
What you'll be doing:
ACV is looking for a creative thinker with strong writing skills ready to challenge the status-quo when it comes to B2B social content & help us create clear communications across a variety of internal & external platforms. This person is a proactive doer who can navigate the fast-changing day-to-day life at a transformative, digitally native company. You are both an independent worker & a team player. You love a good brainstorm as much as writing a pithy social post or straight-forward press release. If this description resonates with you, then you might be the right person to join ACV as our PR & Social Communications Manager.
From internal communications strategy & execution to external management of corporate public relations & social media strategies, youll be a key partner to help us create relevant & meaningful content that will reach our customers & teammates in compelling ways that prompt them to engage & react. We need a creative thinker & versatile writer who appreciates the power of quality communication to deliver a great story that makes an impact.
- Reporting to the Director of PR & Social Communications, you will partner up to manage & execute public & media relations activities to elevate ACVs brand profile & drive our mission to be the most trusted & transparent way to buy & sell used vehicles. This includes strategy development, story ideation, creation of press materials, proactive media pitching, reactive media responses & merchandising success. It also includes a high-level of collaboration with ACVs agency partners. You may also be called up to serve as external communications support at local community events & media opportunities, as necessary.
- Social media: strategy, content creation & oversee community management.
- Speaking engagements: Elevate the ACV brand via third-party outlets such as industry conferences via speaking opportunities. You will be responsible for organizing & coordinating the yearly speaking engagements calendar & submitting applications for speaking engagements at industry conferences such as NIADA, Auto Intel Summit, Digital Dealer, regional auto dealer association events & other technology & marketplace events.
- Internal communications: Serve as a partner to key business leaders, departments & teams to help create & execute internal policy changes, updates or launches in an easy-to-understand & concise manner that aligns with ACVs core values of trust & transparency.
- You will also manage company content creation on our internal digital & online channels, including ACVs Intranet, ensuring news & information is kept fresh & up-to-date.
- Act as the ever curious news hound sniffing for story angles that can be shared in the media, on social media & in-person event activations. You will stay up to speed on industry trends in the auto industry, digital & marketplace businesses such as ACV.
What you should have:
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in a communications-related role; agency background strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, quickly-changing business environment with a client service-driven mindset & ability to deliver under pressure.
- Excellent writing skills: adept with AP style guidelines but can flex to social media copywriting as needed.
- Digitally-savvy: understands changing social landscape & policies; identifies new communications channels to engage & inform.
- Must be a team player. Someone ready to roll up their sleeves, put ego aside & get to work for the greater goal.
- Collaborates effortlessly among departmental & cross functional teams; adept at building relationships with people at all levels of our company.
- Experience using Cision, Mail Chimp, Google Sites, HootSuite, Sprout, Sprinklr, Facebook Ad Manager preferred. Graphic design and/or video editing skills a plus (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere and/or various other multimedia software & tools).
What we offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Upbeat, innovative culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.