ABOUT THE ROLE
As a data scientist, youll be responsible for diving into our data lake, uncovering the latest interesting insights, & visualizing them in dazzling ways. Youll work with the Peloton App team to understand behavior during our user journey & develop data-driven recommendations with a focus on measurable results. As part of the Data Science team youll work with data scientists & engineers that interface with the entire company, cross-pollinating analytic & business insights to the benefit of all Peloton members & employees.
- Work cross-functionally to define problem statements, collect data, build analytical models & make recommendations
- Build & maintain data driven optimization models, experiments, forecasting algorithms, & machine learning models
- Leverage tools like Python, R, & SQL to drive efficient analytics
- Communicate final recommendations & drive decision making
- Minimum of 3-5 years proven business experience & technical expertise in data science
- Experience with Machine Learning, Statistics, or other data analysis tools & techniques
- Experience performing data extraction, cleaning, analysis & presentation for medium to large datasets
- Experience with at least one programming language (i.e. Python, R, Java, or C++)
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience with scientific computing & analysis packages such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, dplyr, or ggplot2
- Experience with statistics methods such as forecasting, time series, hypothesis testing, classification, clustering or regression analysis
- Experience with data visualization libraries such as Matplotlib, Pyplot, ggplot2
- Proactive & self-motivated, & can work autonomously with strong organizational & time management skills
- Start-up experience a plus
- Understanding of best practices around marketing, e-commerce & subscription retention KPIs
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.