Appian is a platform for building enterprise software applications, faster. With Appian, customers get the speed of low-code development with the power of intelligent automation in one trusted & unified cloud platform.
At Appian, were seeking to grow our culture of passion, energy, & innovation; Empowered by the the best idea wins, we thrive on collaboration & debate, encouraging all employees to challenge & elevate one another. We strive for diversity & inclusion through continued education & a commitment to equity.
About The Job
As an Associate Solution Engineer, youre a technical Jack/Jill of All Trades & you love figuring out how things work. Youll be a resident expert on the inner workings of the Appian platform & gain full-stack experience that will translate into any technical career.
The Appian Solution Engineering team provides technical expertise to our customers around the globe. We touch every layer of the Appian platform; from data analysis to creative problem solving, our Solution Engineers tackle the most challenging technical problems, mitigate all of our customers concerns, & love the ability to employ our myriad of prowesses & interests.
We are looking for a hands-on engineer with excellent communication & analytical skills. Ideally, you not only have a strong interest in software development (minus the coding 8 hours a day part), but also have a desire to work closely with some of our highest stakes customers & communicate your work across a variety of departments.
Here at Appian, we are revolutionizing the way software is built. Be part of a team of problem-solving ninjas who thrive equally on under the hood technical action as well as world-class customer support.
- Bachelor's degree in any an Engineering discipline, Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar degree program
- Keen to provide exceptional customer interaction (verbal/written) to our biggest customers
- Excellent at problem solving & a talent for identifying creative solutions
- Desire to work closely with our customers to help lead continual improvement in the availability, performance, functionality & security of our platform
- Interest in data analytics
- Flexibility to provide after business hours support (rotation every 10-15 weeks)
NICE to Have Experience:
- Programming / scripting (e.g. Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, PHP)
- RDBMS platforms (e.g. MySql, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Systems administration (e.g. Linux, Windows)