As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are seeking an innovative & analytical thinker to support our Data Science team in the North America (NA) region based in Bangalore, India. As a senior resource, you are expected to work on strategic executive projects, evaluation & development of new approaches to solve
common business challenges, explores & develops new capabilities & modeling techniques which can benefit multiple clients across geographies
- Be an out-of-the-box thinker who is passionate about brainstorming innovative ways to use our unique data to answer business problems
- Communicate with clients to understand the challenges they face & convince them with data
- Extract & understand data to form an opinion on how to best help our clients & derive relevant insights
- Develop visualizations to make your complex analyses accessible to a broad audience
- Partner with a variety of Visa teams to provide comprehensive solutions
- Find opportunities to craft products out of analyses that are suitable for multiple clients
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging Visa data to drive business solutions
- Synthesize ideas/proposals in writing & engage in productive discussions with external or internal stakeholders
- Mine & analyze data from company databases to drive optimization & improvement of product, marketing techniques & business strategies for Visa & its clients
- Assess the effectiveness & accuracy of new data sources & data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models & algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase & optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, data insights, advertising targeting & other business outcomes.
- Develop processes & tools to monitor & analyze model performance & data accuracy
- Broad knowledge across the entire data science lifecycle, including data engineering, statistics & governance
- Provide guidance in modern analytic techniques & business applications to unlock the value of Visa's unique data set, in keeping with market trends, client needs & emerging techniques
- Organize & manage multiple data science projects with diverse cross-functional stakeholders
- Minimum of 6+ years of analytics expertise in applying statistical solutions to business problems
- Experience working in one or more of the Card Payments markets around the globe
- Post-graduate degree (Masters or PhD) in a Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, or equivalent
- Good understanding of the Payments & Banking Industry including aspects such as consumer credit, consumer debit, prepaid, small business, commercial, co-branded & merchant
- Good knowledge of data, market intelligence, business intelligence, & AI-driven tools & technologies
- Experience planning, organizing, & managing multiple large projects with diverse cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate new techniques to solve business problems
- Demonstrated resource planning & delivery skills
- Experience in distributed computing environments / big data platforms (Hadoop, Elasticsearch, etc.) as well as common database systems & value stores (SQL, Hive, HBase, etc.)
- Ability to write scratch MapReduce jobs & fluency with Spark frameworks
- Familiarity with both common computing environments (e.g. Linux, Shell Scripting) & commonly-used IDE's (Jupyter Notebooks); proficiency in SAS technologies & techniques
- Strong programming ability in different programming languages such as Python, R, Scala, Java, Matlab, C++, & SQL
- Experience in drafting solution architecture frameworks that rely on API's & micro-services
- Familiarity with common data modeling approaches, & ability to work with various datatypes including JSON, XML, etc.
- Ability to build data pipelines (e.g. ETL, data preparation, data aggregation & analysis) using tools such as NiFi, Sqoop, Ab Initio; familiarity with data lineage processes & schema management tools such as Avro
- Proficient in some or all of the following techniques: Linear & Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, K-Nearest Neighbors, Markov Chain, Monte Carlo, Gibbs Sampling, Evolutionary Algorithms (e.g. Genetic Algorithms, Genetic Programming), Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks, etc.
- Expert knowledge of advanced data mining & statistical modeling techniques, including Predictive modeling (e.g., binomial & multinomial regression, ANOVA); Classification techniques (e.g., Clustering, Principal Component Analysis, factor analysis); Decision Tree techniques (e.g., CART, CHAID)
- Experience in experimental designs (e.g., A/B testing, survey analysis, etc.)
- Deliver results within committed scope, timeline & budget
- Very strong people/project management skills & experience
- Ability to travel when needed (0-5 percent of time)
- Results-oriented with strong problem solving skills & demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor
- Good business acumen with a track record in solving business problems through data-driven quantitative methodologies.
- Experience in payment, retail banking, or retail merchant industries is preferred
- Very detailed oriented, is expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis
- Proven skills in translating analytics output to actionable recommendations & delivery
- Experience in presenting ideas & analysis to stakeholders whilst tailoring data-driven results to various audience levels
- Demonstrates integrity, maturity & a constructive approach to business challenges
- Serves as a role model for the organization & implementing core Visa Values
- Maintains respect for individuals at all levels in the workplace
- Strives for excellence & extraordinary results
- Uses sound insights & judgments to make informed decisions in line with business strategy & needs
- Able to allocate tasks & resources across multiple lines of business & geographies
- Demonstrates ability to influence senior management within & outside Data Science groups
- Can successfully persuade/influence internal stakeholders towards building best-in-class solutions
- Provides change management leadership
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, & flexible style
- Exhibits intellectual curiosity & a desire for continuous learning