About the Role
The Senior Accountant is a key role within the Namely Finance team & is one that requires deep financial experience. Namely is an exciting, fast growing environment, which means the Finance team is responsible for providing meaningful information to aid fast paced business decisions. Were looking for ambitious high performers who want to contribute in building something special & grow with us as we grow. If you want to be challenged, own the numbers, & join an amazing team, were excited to talk to you about the Sr. Accountant position.
- Maintain company general ledger, monthly close process, account reconciliations
- Responsible for reconciliation, controls & financial reporting over Namely Payroll Trust including but not limited to subsidiary ledger reconciliations
- Develop & execute on internal controls to ensure high accuracy
- Assist in closing out all other subsidiary modules & post entries to GL
- Ensure completeness & proper recording of all expense transactions including travel & credit card programs
- Develop accounting estimates such as revenue accruals & provisions
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP & that conform to the company budget process monthly. Annual financial statements to include Notes.
- Prepare detailed schedules & technical accounting memorandum to support complex accounting treatment.
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Communicate with independent auditors to ensure an efficient audit process
- Support revenue transactions related to brokerage & subscription business
- Support management of equity/stock compensation related matters between general ledger & companys equity management system
- Support order to cash & purchase to pay operations
- Other projects as requested including but not limited to projections, budget support, audits
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 3-5 years corporate experience, included but not limited to audit experience with SaaS business
- Systems knowledge preferred (NetSuite, Zuora, Salesforce)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables & v-lookup formulas
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting concepts
- Strong analytic & financial statement review skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills