About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by pioneering dynamic ownership & enabling women to rent, subscribe to & purchase secondhand clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. By creating a new model of dynamic ownership rooted in sustainability, RTR has made apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
The Fashion Operations team leads initiatives that are essential to evolving our inventory lifecycle & merchandising operations, with a main functional focus on merchant systems & liquidation expansion.
This role operates at the intersection of the merchants & planners, warehouse operations, product, engineering, & third party vendors to drive forward an ecosystem for managing our product, which is adopted by teams throughout the organization. You will be responsible for making sure process & system decisions are made in a way that sets up Rent the Runway for long-term, successful, sustainable growth.
You will need fantastic organizational & communication skills, technical skills, as well as a passion for process improvement & thinking outside the box. Its your role to help create a seamless merchant & vendor process & create a path to our future vision. This will require you to think big & be comfortable challenging convention, & in some cases reinvent how we operate.
What youll do:
Act as a key merchandising & planning business stakeholder on projects that support our inventory integrity, procurement operations, & product catalog.
- Prioritize needs for technology teams based on input from merchandising, planning & Ops stakeholders & communicate regular updates to senior stakeholders
- Own the third party relationships & systems on projects to scale our procurement operations, including the system rollout for OMS, royalty payments, & EDI/ASN technology
- Provide third party guidance on data conversion & mapping decisions. Understand the underlying data elements, constraints, flows & sources supporting our business
- Partner closely with the liquidation business manager, tech, & operations to test new concepts & launch new processes to multiply our channels of distribution
Concept & drive innovation in workflows & lead change management as we multiply the number of internal & external systems the merchandising team uses day to day.
- Develop workflows & communications across internal teams during onboarding of new systems and develop training & documentation to ensure ongoing adoption
- Partner with Product & Engineering to translate integration requirements with internal systems
- Implement best practices for product data integrity & maintenance across merchandising, inventory, & financial systems.
- Ensure successful integration of creative & production asset tools with merchant systems & workflows, including third party PLM & asset management software
- Drive innovation in posting operations, editorial, & sample management processes to reduce costs while meeting business needs across teams
Scale our vendor relations program with new platforms & systems for seamless vendor, item, category, & order management.
- Lead projects & new tools to improve data exchange between vendors & RTR to ensure accuracy & integrity of our product catalog
- Lead operational initiatives for vendor compliance that require IT/Security support, including a chargeback program & vendor extranet
- Lead vendor programs that support innovation in processes at RTR, including category expansion, bundles, & garment quality requirements
- You have a Bachelors degree or MBA
- You have 6+ years of experience, preferably in a merchandising, operations, or consulting function that has involved project management implementing related systems or processes
- You have experience playing a leading role in one or more third party solution integrations with internal systems
- You have experience or understanding of at least one key product management system, including PIM, PLM, OMS, ERP, or DAM
- You have excellent verbal & written communication skills, interpersonal skills, & an ability to effectively communicate with both business & technical teams
- You are passionate about continuous improvement & can incorporate changes to both tools & processes to drive optimal results
- You love building scrappy solutions when needed while continuing to work towards more long-term & scalable tools
- You enjoying learning new tools & workflows, become the subject-matter-expert quickly, & are a go-to resource when considering process decisions
- You are able & willing to travel to our warehouse in Secaucus, NJ as needed
- You have strong Excel skills, VBA a plus
- You are comfortable with complex metadata & taxonomy concepts. You have a familiarity with databases & being comfortable with SQL is a plus
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the well-being of our employees & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.