As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
New York Magazine is looking for an Executive Assistant to support our Editor in Chief. This person will be responsible for handling all administrative functions for the EIC, which include maintaining his calendar, scheduling staff meetings, serving as the liaison between him, the editorial & business staffs, taking minutes at various meetings, as well as other duties as they arise. They will also contribute to the production of pages of the biweekly magazine, & assist on special projects as needed that may involve reporting or writing.
This role is currently remote, but will be based in New York once its safe to reopen our offices.
- Take ownership of all administrative functions for the Editor in Chief
- Maintain EICs calendar
- Manage information flow in a timely & accurate manner
- Screen & direct phone calls
- Assist in producing pages for our bi-weekly magazine, work on special projects as needed
- One to two years' experience in an administrative capacity in a corporate (media preferred) setting
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Very strong organizational, issue-resolution, & decision-making skills
- Sound judgment & the ability to discreetly handle confidential material
- Strong writing, communication & technical skills
- Working knowledge of Google Workspace, Zoom, & Slack
- Familiarity with Excel, K4/InCopy & InDesign is helpful, but not required
- Bachelor's degree
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.