ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Software Engineering Manager at FanDuel is a role where you can begin to develop your skills & experience as a manager. You will directly manage a team of Engineers & be accountable for the customer experience, project prioritization, software quality, & system maintenance. Most of all, you are accountable for the experience, management, & development of the Engineers that report to you. You set the example for our values & help engineers grow by encouraging them to contribute to cross-team technical discussions, supporting their ideas, & empowering them to make decisions. If youre looking to exercise & develop your existing core leadership skills both from a technical & people management point of view, then this is the position for you!
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Manage, Identify & provide opportunities for Software Engineers.
- Work with Senior Engineers to deliver a technical vision with an eye on for Customer satisfaction & security.
- Proactively identify technology gaps & opportunities, mitigate risks created through complexity (technical & regulatory).
- Be responsible for delivery of your assigned backlog items, communicating blockers & progress through-out the project lifecycle.
- Measure, own & drive predictability through Operational Excellence & transparency through data & KPIs.
- Own your software, helping guide your team to deliver it whilst providing appropriate support for end-users.
- Help scope & define new solutions to problems while influencing the Roadmap & ensuring we delivery truly viable features & Products.
- The ability to delivery architecturally sound solutions in the absence of a highly experienced individual contributor
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- A strong technology background delivering software both as an individual contributor & a manager
- Understanding of modern architectures, design patterns, & platform nuances
- 4-6 years with hands-on respective platform development (iOS/Android)
- 1+ years as a lead (or senior engineer
- 1+ years of experience managing 3+ engineers
- Hands-on experience in respective Java/Kotlin (Android) or Objective-C/Swift (iOS)
- Mobile application design (best practices & design patterns)
- Mobile application debugging (developer tools & production environment tools)
- Well-versed in iOS / Android Delivery Life Cycle (deploying into App Store/Play Store)
- Has had some experience App Store/Play Store
- Data structures & algorithms
- Communication, presentation, & facilitation skills
- Sprint Ceremonies: Stand-up, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, Backlog Grooming
- Creating of the sprint plan, as related to Product Owner/Manager prioritizations & technical assessments
- Reviewing & leveling of upcoming sprint plan
- Story points
- Engineer assignments (based on engineer abilities)
- Sprint Velocity (monitoring & refinement)
- Task grouping
- Contingency management
People & Management
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence & best practices
- Able to communicate technical concepts simply & successfully, to both technical & non-technical audiences
- Maintains relationships with other disciplines & stakeholders
- One-on-ones with team members
- Removal of blockers
- Level-setting of career, role, & sprint expectations
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.