At Oscar, we are working hard to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
The Market P&L Group is responsible for overseeing & maximizing risk-adjusted profitability across Oscars book of business. As Oscar continues to expand into markets across the nation, the Senior Manager within each regional Market P&L team will develop a deep understanding of market-specific trends & play a critical role in shaping & implementing Oscars strategy in relation to contracting, provider engagement, & alignment with regional providers to improve the quality & total cost of care for Oscars members. The Senior Manager will ensure their team achieves critical financial targets within their region, & will work with stakeholders across the company to drive region-specific growth, profitability, & high quality Oscar experiences for members & providers.
As a Senior Manager on the team, you will collaborate with internal & external stakeholders & leaders to analyze & drive forward Oscars business goals with respect to maximizing profits within your region, & drive the evolution of your teams business strategies. You will play a critical role in identifying, prioritizing & quantifying the key profit opportunities for your Market P&L team, working to develop playbooks to achieve those goals & ensuring that the deal teams within the Market P&L group are aligned toward maximizing risk-adjusted profitability.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Identify, quantify, & rigorously prioritize region-specific financial insights & opportunities for savings & optimization across our markets that will ensure Oscars long-term sustainability & growth, & work with internal departments & leaders to execute on these insights.
- Develop deep relationships with key providers & groups in your region in order to get an on-the-ground understanding of regional trends & issues, as well as propose & drive forward changes to your teams contracting & business development strategies based on these insights.
- Support the needs of your Market P&L team by doing market-specific research, data analysis, benchmarking & supporting workflows to drive your teams profitability.
- Manage & respond to region-specific escalations & trends based on input from other Oscar stakeholders.
- Build processes, workflows & a systematic approach to profitability, while working with the NIE team on implementing national-level insights & analysis that are applicable to your region.
- Ensure a high-quality Oscar experience for members & providers.
- Ensure a high standard of excellence for both expansion & existing operations.
Key components for success include:
- 6+ years of work experience in consulting and/or financial analysis. Experience in the healthcare industry is preferred but not required.
- A strong financial/analytical background, & the ability to quickly digest & evaluate complex financial structures & large amounts of data in order to make commercially intelligent business decisions.
- Executive presence & ability to communicate with and lead presentations for senior leaders, including C-level executives both internally & externally.
- Strength in insights & execution involving complex economics & communication thereof with internal & external stakeholders.
- Orientation towards designing processes systematically while being able to execute quickly within a fast-paced, fluid & goal-oriented environment.
A plus, but not required:
- An MBA or other professional degree from a top-tier program with a clear track record of excellence.
- Experience with growth-stage enterprises & scaling departments & processes.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.