Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilization & storytelling to help leading organizations, activists, businesses, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Purpose is seeking a global Digital Director to build our Digital Campaigns offering for our clients, including paid media campaigns, digital organizing campaigns, & organic social media campaigns. You will be managing a global team of Digital Campaigners to utilize effective, exciting digital tactics to delight our clients & accomplish their advocacy, awareness, & persuasion goals.
The role requires a digital campaigning wizard with a flexible, can-do attitude & excellent communication skills. You have shown the ability to overcome challenging requirements & demonstrate creativity & innovation in finding ways to execute novel ideas, as well as traditional paid & owned tactics. You should keep abreast of the latest creative & digital trends & develop recommendations for our teams & clients on subjects like emerging platforms, cookie deprecation, & influencer collaboration. The successful candidate will have a keen eye for detail with systemic & structured logical thinking.
This role is offered at the Director tier with a salary range of $90,000 - 120,000/ 68,000 - 85,000 per year, commensurate with experience. We are open to candidates based in the East Coast of the US or in the Greater London region.
If these are things that get you out of bed in the morning we want to hear from you:
- Creating innovative & impactful digital campaigns that help make the world a better place.
- Successfully work in a dynamic, diverse & global environment.
- Owning initiatives & solutions that have the ability to create tangible impact on a rapidly growing team & company.
- Making diversity, equity & inclusion manifest in practice
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- You will work with a rapidly growing global team to offer cutting edge ideas & excellent services to our clients.
- You will build internal practice among the Digital Campaigns team, including process & collaboration techniques, project share backs, & guided professional development. Youll help train campaigners & staff & associates on best practices for digital marketing, organizing, paid media, organic social, & web.
- On client teams, you will serve as a team leader, supervising an executing staff focused on planning & executing social media & paid media campaigns, as well as digital organizing, influencer collaboration, managing website development, & other tactics as necessary. As a team, youll help educate & excite our clients about how digital strategy & services can add important value to their impact goals.
- Work with our Impact, Measurement & Learning (Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning) team to optimize & maximize campaign impact, develop internal benchmarks, KPIs, goals, & measurement practices -- then evaluate & adjust tactics accordingly. On each client project, youll package & report analytics from testing & optimizations that provide sophisticated learnings to clients.
- Work with the Creative team to develop cutting-edge campaign concepts & optimized paid, owned, & web products. Work with developers to create strategically-informed & best-in-class websites.
- Consult on scoping & participate in pitching effective digital strategies that help our clients achieve their goals.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
The successful candidate will work with a core team in NY/London & team members across the globe in India, Brazil, Kenya & Australia. You are expected to have strong leadership skills, with the ability to work efficiently with remote teams & promote equity & inclusion among the Digital team & the broader office network. You will need to possess great communication skills over video conference, Slack & email. Due to the global nature of your team, this position may require occasional work outside traditional office hours in your timezone.
We encourage people to apply if you are excited about Purpose & this roles mission. In order to succeed in this role, these are some of the skills & qualities you bring to bear:
- You have 10+ years of experience in a leadership role in digital marketing, campaigns, or media, & have fluency across all areas of the digital practice. If your career has focused on one area of digital campaigning & you are looking for your next step, we urge you to apply.
- You are someone who is passionate about digital storytelling, especially how to tell compelling narratives across several channels.
- You follow the latest platform, ad, & organizing trends -- especially in issue & advocacy spaces. You should advise our clients on everything from friendsbanking to IOS 14 mitigation tactics.
- You are energized by trying out new platforms, tactics, & creative approaches, & are on the lookout for exciting opportunities to expand the teams experience.
- You are a capable, committed trainer who can develop a strong team that shares skills, breaks down silos, & provides clear value.
- You are comfortable pursuing advocacy objectives through cross-sectoral efforts that may involve political, corporate, philanthropic, nonprofit actors, and/or individual actors.
- You are comfortable working or overseeing work in both agency-style client service & active campaign contexts.
- You have worked in an organization or on a team that values diversity, equity, & inclusion internally & in external projects. You have ideally played a role in applying this lens to effective campaigning.
Please submit your application & a cover letter indicating your interest in the role. Were looking forward to hearing from you!
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge & are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome the unique contributions that individuals bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity & expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veterans status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation & beliefs.