At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks.Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you'll do
The Director of Internal Audit is a proven professional that is responsible for CloudFlares Enterprise Risk Management processes & implementing Sarbanes/Oxley compliance. This position promotes collaborative auditing to add value to the organization & align internal audit processes with stakeholders. This position is an Individual Contributor who is expected to directly manage an outsourced internal audit team. The internal audit function reports administratively to the VP of Finance & directly to the Audit of the Company's Board of Directors.
- Responsible for all aspects of planning & coordinating Sarbanes-Oxley & internal audit of controls & procedures, investigations, risk assessment & development of internal audit program.
- Work with business partners on implementation, execution, & compliance with process & entity level controls.
- Development of internal audit function in terms of education, planning & reporting. Includes development of Sarbanes-Oxley self-assessment programs for key controls for Finance & IT.
- Actively seek development of new or improved procedures or ideas to create value-add internal controls as well as business process improvements to help enhance over profitability & efficiency.
- Preparation of management reporting to management & Audit Committee.
- Manages the identification & assessment of enterprise risks, including strategic, operational, & key initiative risks, & work with the appropriate teams to balance these risks with rewards & develop action plans to enhance that desired objectives will be achieved.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- Certification as CIA or CPA
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance, or related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience with focus on Sarbanes-Oxley & internal audit
- Public accounting firm & SaaS company experience preferred
- Comprehensive understanding & prior experience with design & implementation of accounting policies & procedures & internal control.
- Proven success in developing & leading a team of peers using a collaborative management style
- Adept at prioritization, responsiveness & understanding sense of urgency. Ability to work independently & balance multiple projects & processes simultaneously
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills including the ability to influence & interact professionally with all levels of the organization. Ability to have very open & clear communication
- Experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing environment preferred. Must have the ability to roll up his/her sleeves & still enjoy the work. Must have work hard attitude, but also enjoy working in a flexible, supportive & energetic environment.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.