Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldnt have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling & vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge $1 trillion in the US alone but the process is inefficient & largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses & make a living doing what theyre great at.
These customers & pros come from all walks of life & every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers & pros.
About the Brand Experience Team
The Brand Experience Team is responsible for designing sensory experiences that create meaningful & lasting relationships with our brand. We influence how users feel about Thumbtack through every encounter, leveraging database marketing, behavioral advertising, analytics & research to target audiences pricesily, & create programs that drive brand love & loyalty.
Our ultimate goal is to create brand-faithful advocates from every audience that comes in contact with the Thumbtack brand.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate & experienced experiential marketing leader to help design & iterate on our pro loyalty program, Thumbtack Pro Rewards. This could include recommending program design updates & new rewards, or refining the campaigns associated with the program.
This role will sit within the Brand Marketing team & will be a critical thought partner as we invest in brand-building initiatives at a pivotal moment in Thumbtacks trajectory. While the role will initially be focused on the loyalty program, we anticipate the scope expanding into partnerships, events, community engagement, membership programs, & more.
This role is a great opportunity for someone with a strong generalist background who is passionate about creating IRL & digital experiences that create positive emotional responses with customers. You should be as strategic as you are tactical, able to easily shift from big picture thinking to in the weeds execution. You should enjoy working cross functionally, have a high attention to detail & a strong creative vision.
- Develop a deep understanding of Thumbtacks dual-sided marketplace dynamics & business goals, as well as our pros & customers
- Work independently to drive strategy & execution of experiences & marketing campaigns
- Define high-level success metrics & partner with analytics & channel experts to refine KPIs & measurement implementation
- Effectively document overall program strategy & goals, campaign strategy & channel approach
- Brief creative teams on required assets & own responsibility for ensuring creative output is on-brief
- Proactively communicate status & issues to stakeholders & partners
- Build & maintain effective relationships with x-functional teams & external partners
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, & we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3-6+ years of marketing experience with a preferred emphasis on experiential marketing, partnerships, creative strategy, & lifecycle marketing
- Experience collaborating in highly x-functional teams including product, research, creative & ops; experience writing strategy briefs & creative briefs
- Strong project manager, able to effectively scope projects ahead of time & develop a project plan to deliver on-time execution; capable of identifying when project scope needs to be revised & self-directing a revised plan with some supervision from manager
- Experience blending IRL & digital initiatives
- The ability to take the initiative in a constantly-changing work environment & a willingness to adopt a generalist approach
- Experience working with small businesses and/or a passion for small businesses & helping them succeed
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace one of the largest in the U.S. that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers & make a living doing what theyre great at.
Founded in 2008 & headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners & Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live & work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto & Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.