All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, & our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Were a late stage start-up that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who we are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people & operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
We are looking for an IT Support Specialist to support the organization & technology function at Boxed.
- Field support requests of various technical complexity from our users, troubleshooting hardware & software issues amongst, but not limited to:
- PCs - Windows 10
- Macs - macOS: Ex Catalina, Big Sur
- Mobile devices - BYOD: Android, iOS
- Networking equipment - Firewalls (Cisco ASA, Dell Sonicwall) routers, switches, Wi-Fi (UniFi, Ruckus), VoIP
- Audio Visual Equipment - conference rooms, large meeting areas, off sites
- Be comfortable with supporting a geographically dispersed user base.
- Administer SaaS apps, including, but not limited to: GSuite, Slack, O365, RingCentral, JIRA, Carbon Black, Zoom, LastPass.
- Organize IT asset inventory & procurement (including, but not limited to: hardware, software, A/V equipment, etc.)
- Manage vendor relationships & ensure prompt resolution of service requests & implementations.
- Assist with the provisioning & deployment of new hardware & software solutions across multiple offices.
- Perform basic configuration of switches/routers, including VLANs, DHCP, VPN tunnels, & routing.
- Contribute to documentation & development of IT assets & policies & procedures.
- Technical degree preferred.
- CompTIA A+, ITIL Foundation, MCSA- Windows 10, Apple ACSP, HDI-SCA preferred.
- 4 years of IT related experience in support and/or administration.
- Customer service oriented & act as an advocate for our users.
- Comfortable explaining technical concepts in layman terms or discussing complex systems with engineers.
- Personable, prompt, professional while maintaining attention to detail & a strict adherence to deadlines.
- Ambitious self-starter who is able to tackle issues independently, when necessary
- Visits to facilities in Union, NJ will be necessary.
- Willing & able to train & educate users on new technologies.
- Adaptable in an environment that is constantly changing & still being figured out.
- Interest in supporting desktop services in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Experience working with virtual/remote staff members.
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!