Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Product Designer to join our Care Delivery team in our NYC office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
Our Design Org is a multidisciplinary team that examines the entire member journey & considers the design of systems to be as important as the artifacts we make. Our practice is human-centered, our work is rooted in empathy & research, & we lead by example & with our values.
As our Product Designer: you will help us explore, design, & shape the vision for the Care Delivery tools that enable Oscar Care providers to connect with Oscar patients. In your day-to-day, you will generate & explore ideas, design, test & ship high-quality features, partner with your peers to shape roadmaps & define goals for high-impact work, & challenge what healthcare looks like.
This role reports to a Group Product Design Manager in our NYC office.
- Define the experiences of an Oscar Care provider navigating patient care: from addressing how consultation schedules are managed, to improving the efficiency & experience for patient encounters
- Become an expert on the provider care journey & champion the needs of the user to the larger org
- Own the design process & partner closely with cross-functional peers like product managers, tech leads, engineers, data scientists & business stakeholders to drive clarity around strategy & alignment on solutions
- Collaborate with other product designers across the organization with feedback during critiques & thoughtful contributions to the design team at large
- Structure & conduct outcomes-driven user research & usability testing
- Design visually compelling experiences for all users & contribute to the Oscar design language system (anatomy)
We value designers from diverse backgrounds & will consider candidates with different types of education & relevant professional experiences in determining qualification. If you feel qualified, please apply. Your experiences & your demonstrated skill sets are far more important than your level or industry expectations.
- Years of experience: 3+
- Concrete examples of designing & shipping web interfaces
- Comfort with internal tools, complex workflows, & power-user interfaces
- Experience with user research & prototyping
- Passion for fixing healthcare
- Ability to translate requirements, goals, & research into simple & useful UI
- Genuine & inquisitive, humble yet determined. Were a team thats excited to learn from each other & about ourselves, whether thats through wild ideas or constructive criticism. We work hard to nurture a creative environment where we can take risks, grow, & do better work.
- Experience with the healthcare space
- Illustration, animation or other forms of storytelling
- Interest in design ethics, accessibility, & other topics relevant to the healthcare space
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.