Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the way the world shops online. We build tools, technologies & APIs that allow e-commerce merchants to integrate installment loan financing & other alternative payment products anywhere in their customers shopping journey. Bread was founded in 2014 by financial technology veterans, & has experienced explosive growth to date. Recently acquired by Alliance Data Systems, Bread provides candidates the highly unique experience of being part of a rapidly growing fintech with the DNA & culture of a startup, while also having the considerable resources of a highly scaled, leading financial institution. This powerful combination will enable Bread to accelerate its growth to become an even greater force in the marketplace as well as provide candidates a completely unique experience.
The Solutions Engineer will be responsible for executing a best-in-class implementation program to onboard Breads merchants smoothly & efficiently. You will work with merchants, Sales, Merchant Success & Product/Engineering to deliver an excellent technical integration & onboarding experience for Bread merchants, both during the sales process & during the actual integration.
Your Role at Bread
- Work with developers at Breads merchant customers & platform partners to design & execute integration solutions using Breads plugins, tools, & APIs
- Brainstorm solutions to merchant technical challenges, & help troubleshoot with merchant developers if they have difficulty understanding our docs or integrating in any way
- Collaborate with merchants & the Account Management team to resolve bugs. Act as the first point of triage in debugging
- Improve system documentation & anticipate merchant questions by contributing to help docs, code samples, & blog post
- Strong programming & technical skills, & you can read & understand API documentation & you enjoy the puzzle of linking systems together
- A penchant for evaluating code against API documentation, & finding bugs & optimization opportunities
- You love working on both program & relationship management, & youve been told you excel at each
- You thrive in environments that demand adaptability & thinking fast on your feet
- Youve probably mastered new programming languages & tech platforms on your own - not just because you thought itd be a helpful skill, also because you thought itd be fun
- In addition to being technical, you have the ability to connect with people. Folks tell you youre a good listener, & you make everyone in the conversation feel included
- You excel in customer interactions, presentations, demonstrations, & proof-of-concepts with both business & technical audiences
- Familiarity with web debugging tools (e.g. Chrome Dev Tools)
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with eCommerce platforms e.g. Magento, WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce, etc.
- Experience with: PHP, Go or SQL
- Previous eCommerce experience