CICH RFP WRITER - CAMBRIDGE MASSACHUSETTS
CIC Health is seeking an RFP Writer to provide editing & writing support on RFP proposals & proposal-related documents. In this role, you would contribute to the development of formatting & guideline standards to ensure the final product is in alignment with CICH quality & branding. You would also maintain the RFP tracker & align it with CICH growth strategy.
ABOUT CIC HEALTH
CIC Health is one of the fastest growing healthtech startups in New England & is expanding nationally. We provide COVID-19 testing services to organizations such as schools, colleges, companies, elder care facilities, & others, as well as individual customers. For organizations we integrate CLIA-certified laboratories, physician oversight, result reporting, & billing software. For individual customers we simplify the overall testing experience by making it easy to schedule & pay for your test online. No more waiting in lines. Our testing services are accessible, fast & easy. You can learn more about CIC Health offerings here.CIC Health is a subsidiary of CIC - learn more below.
CIC is a global leader in building & operating innovation communities. Founded in 1999 in Cambridge, MA, CIC is one of the first companies to offer flexible office space & coworking options, providing a platform for the world's most impactful entrepreneurs to innovate better & faster. We have locations in Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Providence, Rotterdam, St. Louis, Warsaw, & Tokyo & are growing into other cities, within the US & abroad. CIC has supported over 6,000 startups, growth companies, & branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, & non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries. CIC co-founded a number of mission-aligned organizations including Venture Caf, CIC's primary non-profit programming partner, & CIC Health, offering COVID-19 testing services to companies & the public. We invite you to explore all our openings & learn more about our teams here.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WORK
You will join our new CIC Health team & help support its mission of providing more accessible & frequent testing for COVID-19. Some work will be independent while other work will require collaboration with other members of the CIC Health staff. As our RFP Writer, you will oversee the entire process of responding to State RFPs from scouting for opportunities to overseeing the process from start to finish. Potential responsibilities will include:
• Identifying & vetting potential opportunities through various RFP portals.
• Working across teams to assemble necessary information.
• Coordinating with teams to resolve substantive questions, meaning, language, & context of the material.
• Coordinating with teams to develop the CICH strategy & response & translate information into an accurate, clear & concise written format.
• Preparing documents for submission by independently writing, reviewing & revising original material for RFP proposal & proposal-related documents.
• Maintaining consistency of brand, voice, style, punctuation, spelling & grammar.
• Identifying & reworking existing pre-written content where relevant.
• Delivering completed written proposal responses to the Senior team for review prior to submitting.
• Submitting the proposal while following the RFP State guidelines.
• Supporting process through contract execution.
• Maintaining timelines for submission of all materials.
Our ideal candidate possesses the following characteristics:
• Strong written communication skills, high attention to detail, critical thinking & understanding of short & long term obligations in bid, cross-team collaboration & thoroughness.
• Independent. You have the ability to own & manage multiple tasks & get the details right, while being able to ask for help when faced with uncertain situations.
• People-oriented. As a team player, you are willing to perform an array of administrative tasks, & jump in to help solve problems you see affecting others. You are personable & happy to be back-up” to the responsibilities of other members of the team.
• A strong communicator. You're a balanced & comfortable presence around all people with a proven record of professional success, & some hard-won lessons only challenging situations or failure can teach. You communicate effectively with team members, including under pressure. You're comfortable reaching out proactively to ensure expectations are shared & met, & comfortable speaking in front of large groups.
• Flexible & adaptable. You are invigorated by a dynamic environment, able to pivot between multiple priorities, & can rise to the challenge with a busy & ever-evolving environment to meet changing expectations.
• Committed to work that is mission” based. You see work as an opportunity to make a powerful contribution to a larger effort.
• A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• At least three years of professional experience.
• A natural interest for helping/supporting others.
• Excellent verbal & interpersonal skills. If you don't meet all the requirements or qualifications but bring some other unique skills & experience that would be valuable in this role, please apply & highlight those attributes for us in your cover letter.
• Starting compensation is commensurate with experience.
• 100% company paid premium healthcare & dental benefits.
• 100% company paid long & short-term disability, & life insurance.
• 401k (must be 21+).
• Three weeks of vacation (more with seniority) plus thirteen holidays from the start.
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy & supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
• Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven & bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn & develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company.
• Discounted services & memberships on tools to make your life happier/healthier such as gym memberships, tech & design support, hotel stays, & other fantastic options.
• Free weekly COVID-19 testing when required to work on site. CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Any other human expressions & experiences not mentioned here are equally welcome. If you require an accommodation please let us know. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.