Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that tells you what matters & why to make you smarter, faster. We're hiring a Cities Reporter!
Why it Matters: We are looking for a talented reporter to helm a new focus area on the Axios team. This reporter will lead Axios into its newest area of coverage through our news stream & a weekly newsletter. A successful candidate will be savvy & curious about the demographics, politics & technology that will shape the future of cities around the world.
Go Deeper: You'll be responsible for writing a new weekly newsletter & reporting news & enterprise stories about cities for the Axios website. Youll also be responsible for breaking news on important trends in cities & urbanism. This is a role that will explore the how technological advances are changing cities, how innovative urban leaders are adapting to & steering those changes, & what cities will look like as economic engines & hubs of innovation in the 21st century.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit & passion for Axios mission. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to break stories, spot trends for longer-range coverage, & convey contextual meaning to developments on the beat. Ideal candidates will also have the following skills:
- Ability to collaborate closely & effectively with internal & external audiences
- A track record of breaking stories & covering news from different angles
- A deep understanding of cities & local government
- The ability to convey the wonder & curiosity of urbanism & politics of cities
- A passion for city coverage & trends
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter & cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, & diverse work culture
- Annual learning & development stipend