sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient & accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients & produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we're committed to leaving people better than we found them. We're in the business of feeding people, & we're out to change what that means.
The Real Estate Managerwill play a critical role in driving market strategy & growth. This individual will have the responsibility of leading new store expansion from site selection, approvals, lease executions & lease administration & will serve as the internal expert on real estate, representing & driving the expansion strategy externally with brokers & landlords.
- Strategic Real Estate Planning: Responsible for the development & execution strategies for market/submarket/trade area assessment & site selection process, utilizing analytical frameworks & on the ground insights.
- Pipeline Ownership: Accountable for the generation of target lists with respect to active market analysis, conducting market tours, managing external relationships to secure new sites & driving a deal pipeline that achieves sweetgreens market level growth goals, focuses on sweetgreens target consumer & brand sequencing & delivers against established financial targets & requirements.
- Broker Management: Responsible for the establishment & oversight of a high quality, productive & brand aligned broker network for the purposes of driving efficient, high quality real estate pipeline.
- Deal Making: Accountable for managing sweetgreens network & relationships, site selection & negotiation of LOI terms & leases with landlords for deals, manage internal review & real estate committee approval process & oversee lease execution & management.
- Process Innovation: Responsible for the organization, modification & creation of new working real estate operating processes, procedures & programs to ensure efficiency.
- Market Expert: Accountable for keeping current on market conditions in assigned territory to include knowledge of all competitive changes in market area & understanding the primary differences between the competitors within the market.
- Strong executive presence, excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication, presentation, relationship building, organizational & influencing skills.
- Ability to minimize risk, strategize, create, & execute growth plans.
- Adept as amassing resources & organizing/creating new working processes & programs to ensure efficiency
- Proven people manager who can lead, drive & motivate direct/indirect resources.
- Strong sense of teamwork with the ability to foster relationships & gain agreement with timelines & data requirements from both internal & external stakeholders.
- Belief in & passion for the sweetlife & sweetgreens core values.
- The ability to adapt according to the market & the continuing innovation at sweetgreen.
- Strong leadership behaviors, approachability, & a reputation as an unwavering role model.
- Ability to travel for up to 75% of work schedule
- Passion for organization & an aptitude for prioritizing multiple projects.
- Excellent management skills to ensure work gets done effectively.
- Personal characteristics reflective of sweetgreen: a can-do forward-thinking attitude, high-energy, self- motivated, positive, service-oriented, flexible, fun-loving, & ethical with a high degree of integrity.
- Strong collaborative partner to the business.
- Minimum 7+ years as a Real Estate Manager (or related) in the retail/hospitality environment or at a large restaurant chain company/multi-unit restaurant.
- Must have a solid broker network (i.e. premium real estate) & background.
- Successful experience in navigating the landlord/tenant relationship.
- Must have expertise in analytical decision-making & strong, hands-on, operating & deal-making skills.
- Knowledge of basic real estate, construction & related terms, timelines, principles, & functions.
- Experience in negotiating & documenting real estate contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to be effective in fast paced, complex business environment.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them & by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife & celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values & have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally & professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag / Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us & everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.