BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is currently looking for a Tax Manager with strong communication, technology, analytical, & attention to detail skills. As part of the BuzzFeed tax team, the Tax Manager will be integral in ensuring tax risks are mitigated & tax opportunities are maximized by leveraging his or her tax knowledge & experience, as well as collaboration with business partners throughout the Company.
The Tax Manager will have substantial experience with US consolidated tax provision & compliance for US based companies with foreign operations as he or she will be an integral component of the income tax accounting function. The Tax Manager will have strong experience with quarterly & annual tax provision processes, income tax accruals in accordance with ASC 740, & US Federal & State tax compliance. The Tax Manager will report to the VP, Tax & help manage a variety of projects owned by the inhouse tax team. Effective communication skills, the ability to meet deadlines & the ability to work across teams are essential in this position.
The ideal candidate is comfortable in a dynamic environment, will bring energy & passion & will not be afraid to roll up their sleeves to tackle challenging assignments.
- Prepare the quarterly & annual tax provisions, as well as the tax footnote in accordance with ASC 740
- Review US Federal & State tax returns including any US information returns for foreign subsidiaries, as well as high level review of international tax filings prepared by outside tax advisors
- Preparation of required indirect tax returns, including certain local country VAT & GST tax returns.
- Assist with audit support
- Research & analyze ad hoc tax queries from stakeholders to determine tax implications of potential M&A deals, revenue contracts and/or Company policies using the Internal Revenue Code, Treasury Regulations & other relevant authorities / guidance
- Draft tax technical memorandums documenting tax positions
- Proactively manage & maintain provision & compliance deadlines
- Assist in special tax projects as needed
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5+ years experience in Tax at a Public company and/or with a Public accounting firm
- CPA and/or JD with a concentration in tax
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter, independently motivated, leads oneself & others
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.