CLEAR is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Technology team. In this role, youll be responsible for building cutting-edge applications. Were looking for someone who is passionate about technology, stays on top of the latest trends within the field, & loves to engage with the developer community. Youll do the best work of your career. You will be building consumer focused kiosk/device front end biometric experiences that will be used to enroll members into CLEAr. You will be interfacing with our cloud native services hosted in AWS using modern distributed application design patterns.
What You Will Do:
- Develop new, & enhance existing, server-side applications
- As a Sr. Engineer on the team, you will be the technical leader developing & maintaining the back end application
- Uncover requirements working closely with product managers; suggest technical designs necessary to implement features & get teams buy in
- Define & establish best practices for testing & designing reusable code
- Be influential in making architectural, design, & technical stack recommendations within the team
- Balance feature development with tech debt & ensure the code is well tested, readable, maintainable & free of regression defects
- Drive the operational excellence of the services owned by your team, including continuously improving the performance & security of the application
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of backend experience
- Strong in object oriented modeling concepts, have developed multiple maintainable applications using appropriate design principles
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches & common design patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use back-end software design patterns
- Experience with Agile methodologies is required
- Excellent judgment & creative problem solving skills, including strong communication skills
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Can articulate the risks & benefits of depending on libraries, frameworks, & toolsets
- Able to provide technical guidance to other less experienced members of the team
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Curious about technology & believe in constant learning
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when youre at your best, were at our best. Youll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer & easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, youll enjoy benefits like meals & snacks. We invest in your well-being & learning & development with our stipend & reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility & adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you & your dependents, & a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. The base salary range for this role is $$185,000-225,000, depending on levels of skills & experience.
The base salary range represents the low & high end of CLEARs salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience & performance. The range listed is just one component of CLEARs total compensation package for employees & other rewards may include annual bonuses, commission, Restricted Stock Units
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light & the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 13+ million passionate members & hundreds of partners around the world, CLEARs identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, & travel. Whether its at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, & more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.