Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is seeking a Developer Evangelism Manager for North America who can help us inspire & equip the developers who will build the future of communications. As a Developer Evangelist Manager you will be responsible for crafting & executing a strategy that defines how Twilio builds relationships with developers in North America. As part of the Developer Network, this cross-functional role will play an important part in driving the success of Twilio's overall developer relations strategy.
- You are a servant leader. You believe that in order to win, you must elevate everyone around you. You put the needs of the people you serve first, helping them develop & perform as highly as possible. You take pride in helping those you serve get the spotlight.
- You are a builder. You're knowledgeable about & comfortable with building using at least one programming language stack. You've built things yourself & know what it's like to commit to a repo & ship a release.
- You are a thinker. You can paint a picture of a world that's not yet reality & inspire people to follow you to build that world.
- You are a planner. Youve got the discipline to think through up front what needs to be done, but the agility to pivot when plans need to change.
- You are a Doer. You're not afraid to get your hands involved in executing the day-to-day tactics if that's what it takes to turn your vision into reality. You can hold yourself & those you serve accountable for a set of priorities & measures.
- You are a community member. You've been actively involved in a developer community & understand how its organized & where there are opportunities for leadership. You have opinions about how a brand can authentically engage & build relationships with developers.
As a Developer Evangelism Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE BOLD: Articulate a long term strategy for growing engagement between developers in North American & Twilio.
- DONT SETTLE: Define annual team priorities & measures of success. Ensure those priorities align with the broader Developer Network & Marketing team priorities. Monitor & regularly report on progress toward priorities measures both down to your individual contributors, as well as up to leadership.
- BE AN OWNER: Define & manage an annual & quarterly planning process including budget spend & event sponsorship planning. Oversee the execution of event sponsorship processing & event logistics.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Help employees grow through career development, coaching & mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential.
- Perform hiring & onboarding functions for new Evangelist roles in North America.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Developer Network is the team at Twilio whose mission is to catalyze the network of developers who will build the future of communications & is composed of four teams that work closely with one another. Developer Evangelists inspire & equip developers by going to the language-centric & geographic communities where developers gather. Developer Educators challenge & empower developers by crafting world-class docs & training. Community Developers encourage & amplify developers by cultivating a core community of Twilio developers. Finally, the Developer Voices prompt & rally developers by enabling them to get their code on the Twilio blog. Together, these teams introduce developers to Twilio, help them get their projects shipped, build strong end enduring friendships with them & help them take the spotlight.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This is a position based in any major US metro area. You will be given the ability to work from a local Twilio office, co-work with others or work from home.While the Developer Network operates as a remote friendly, globally distributed team we also believe that part of leading a distributed team is going to where your team is serving developers in real life. This means you should be comfortable traveling 25-50% of your time.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.