Do you have a strong bias for action, great communication skills, & experience managing global Android / AOSP programs? Do you strive to understand the details, while maintaining an eye on the cost, schedule, & scope of a program?
Peloton is seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager to help drive innovation for tablet & display technology used with Peloton fitness products. This role will work closely with Product management & a broad cross functional team to define & execute against our Tablet & operating system roadmap. Additionally the role will work closely managing system updates for our current install base.
Successful candidates will thrive managing highly complex AOSP implementations on leading edge chipsets.
You will be responsible for planning out these programs, executing against cross-functional features, planning requirements, driving alignment between multiple teams, managing schedules, identifying & tracking risks, & clearly communicating to project stakeholders.
The right candidate knows what they are doing, & also knows how to get stuff done in a global cross-functional environment. Collaborating with Research, Hardware, Software, Manufacturing, Legal, Purchasing & Operations teams in multiple geographic locations is a big part of the job. Knowing who to engage, & when, is crucial. Additionally, you will work closely with out third party JDMs, chipset, & 3rd party technology providers to define statements of work, kick off programs, manage timelines & escalate & resolve critical issues with relative autonomy.
- Manage multiple full lifecycle Software / AOSP / BSP programs from early definition, to post release support, to End-of-life, while ensuring communication outward
- Work closely with overseas vendors / US based product management to scope, plan & execute the development to cost & timeline goals.
- Communicate program status, risks, & mitigation plans to broader team & executives.
- Technical Analysis: Working with the relevant development team to conduct feasibility studies & confirm the scope for software development per PRD feature list or customer/PLM requirement
- Software release milestone & scope definition: define software release scope per release milestone & ensure software released per requirement.
- Ensure that Software/Firmware features for each version are controlled, & clearly communicated with ODM/JDM/Technology partners & the product manager in US.
- Actively manage & report on the overall quality of the programs you are working on, in conjunction with our SDET & SQA teams.
- Proactively manage program level issues as they arise: pulling the team together to come up with creative solutions to issues & challenges while preserving quality, cost, & schedule targets.
- Manage & ensure resolution of system level issues between Hardware, Firmware, DSP, OS, App with internal teams, external teams, & third party development partners
- Manage ongoing & support work & Operating System releases across current install base
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / CS (Masters / MBA preferred)
- 7+ years of experience in Technical / Program Management
- 5+ years of experience managing operating system & software application development projects (Android Open Source preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in consumer electronics
- Experience delivering with at least 2 programs that involved hardware & software
- Experience working with & managing offshore ODM/JDM vendors as well as 3rd party technology partners.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.