Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Release Manager is responsible for driving various teams, both internal & external, to deliver product development features to the market on a monthly cadence. This position is responsible for identifying product rollout requirements including infrastructure, internal operations, external operations, training, etc., & then developing & executing against a project plan, proactively mitigating risks, & managing the software development life cycle from inception to production launch & post production support. This position requires a strong program manager familiar with the challenges that typically confront technology projects, limited resources, conflicting priorities, scope creep, time slippage, etc., & that can work through these challenges, escalating when necessary, & only after exhausting options with internal/external stakeholders.
- Manage Deployment/Release windows both Production & Non-Production environments
- Collaborating across global business & technology organizations, providing sound analysis & change leadership. Building & maintaining strong internal customer relationships is essential as this position will work with Business
- Partners, internal staff & system integrators on a daily basis to ensure quality assurance is performed in alignment with global initiatives & requirements across the enterprise.
- Provide comprehensive consultation to stakeholders regarding long & short range release delivery requirements & recommend innovations which anticipate the future directions of both business & information technology.
- Provide governance & technical guidance on software components registered for certification & release vehicles. Need to have detail understanding of web applications, database, & infrastructure & configuration management to provide risk analysis on release provided to product team on business decisions.
- Drive implementation of tested system changes with global distributed teams to determine priorities, schedule new builds & releases, & maintain the environment / build planning
- Drives improvement opportunity session with senior stakeholders related to release management, configuration management, release engineering, environment management, & security management.
- Provides problem resolution support, specific to systems & server issues; identifies & resolves system/server problems, coordinating with application users to determine symptoms & ensure accurate problem definition.
- Maintains direct knowledge of all operations management & technical processes, procedures, quality standards, & status of service delivery for all operations-related activities. Proposes systems management process improvements & additions.
- Develop & maintain a high degree of system knowledge of the products.
- Responsible for managing distributed teams across multiple regions & product areas
- Leads project teams to achieve milestones & objectives, leading global teams at distributed locations preferred
- Interfacing with external business stakeholders.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12+ years of experience with at least5 years related to program, project & release management/engineering
- Experience in Deployment management; both Production & Non-Production Systems
- Has at least4 years of experience in a leadership role
- Proactive, innovative, collaborative, & driven to achieve results
- Experience with environment build-out, prep, installs, configuration, maintenance & troubleshooting.
- Must have experience with SCM tools (GIT, JIRA, WIKI, BAMBOO, JENKINS, BUILDFORGE)
- Proven ability to make sound Risk Management decisions balancing a low tolerance for risk with the need to deliver complex business solutions
- Good communication skills: written & oral, Active listening, seeking to understand others views, communicating at the appropriate level for the audience
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.