We are Domosapiens- uniquely skilled, passionate data lovers anchored in a culture of connectivity. We are transforming the way business is managed by putting real-time data into the hands of every decision-maker across organizations. Diversity is valued here because homogenized teams create echo chambers; & nobody benefits from that. The insight garnered from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, & lived experiences results in pioneering innovations across the organization & better experiences for our customers. The more diverse our talent, the more impactful the Domosphere becomes.
The Director of Marketing - Japan is responsible for developing & executing a marketing strategy that drives awareness of the Domo brand, educates prospects on the Domo value proposition, & drives incremental revenue streams in the Japanese market.
Working in close partnership with the Japanese sales team, & the broader marketing organization in APAC & at our US headquarters, the successful candidate will be equal parts a strategist & an execution machine. The individual will be comfortable working in a matrixes environment within a fast-paced enterprise software business that operates under a global operating model with local flexibility on last mile execution.
- Planning & Strategy. In close consultation with Japanese leadership, & global marketing leadership. Develop a Japanese field marketing strategy that delivers on fiscal & multi-year business goals. Develop integrated marketing plans that optimize the customer experience & impact marketing can have on generating demand, accelerating pipeline & close rates, & building customer advocacy;
- Enable & Execute. Execute globally aligned, regional marketing plans, programs & campaigns that find the right customers at the right time with the right message. Ensure that we educate prospects & customers on how Domo can modernize their business with BI Leverage at cloud scale in record time;
- Leadership Manage the execution efforts of field marketers on their team, leveraging centralized resources in the global demand centre (US based team) & managing local agency partners. Developing an optimistic partnership with the extended Japanese leadership team, in particular sales leadership, to gain buy-in, understanding & participation in marketing programs;
- Optimize. Leveraging rich insight, look for ways to optimize the marketing plan to deliver business goals in the most effective & efficient manner. Focus on marketing sourced revenue impact metrics through the entire funnel from leads to opportunity to revenue & conversion rates & cost of acquisition costs through all selling stages;
- Thought Leadership. Be a voice of leadership in the marketing community (both internal & external) on strategic, revenue focused marketing & build programs & opportunities for Domo thought leaders to communicate a point of view on the topics we care about, building awareness of & preference for, the Domo brand.
- B2B Enterprise software technology experience, cloud platform and/or SaaS markets is preferred;
- 10-12+ years of relevant marketing experience including 5+ years experience in managing a team of marketers;
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, or related field required;
- High proficiency in English, both written & verbal;
- Strong analytic, reporting & written communication skills;
- Works in close partnership with Japan GM & Marketing leadership in APAC & HQ;
- Has managerial responsibility for a group of employees & can work in a matrix environment to achieve goals through indirect influence.
Domo is an equal opportunity employer.