Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- Develop & maintain architectural roadmap for products & services plus ensuring alignment with the business & enterprise architecture strategies & standards.
- Able to develop, present & explain the value & vision of proposed architectures & solutions to a wide range of audience.
- Articulate technology solutions as well as explain the competitive advantages of various technology alternatives.
- Develop strategies to meet business objectives with existing or emerging technologies. Ability to translate business concepts to technical terms.
- Apply creative thinking/approach to determine technical solutions that further business goals & align with corporate technology strategies, keeping in mind performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, & cost.
- Oversee & sign off key architecture & design artifacts & ensure the quality implementation & smooth execution in production with customer experience.
- Serve as a technical expert & provide mentorship & help team growth especially on technical side.
- Build relationships with key technical leaders across technology organizations & collaborate on promoting architectural best practices across technology
- Work with engineering professionals, architects & others within Visa to ensure that the solution will scale appropriately while being cost effective.
- Maintain technology roadmap of the engineering platform & proactively work with the program management organization & solution architects in driving the technology roadmap.
- Provide guideline & long term architecture strategy, & ensure compliance of the reference architecture & security requirements.
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Experienced technology leader with a minimum of 15+ years of hands-on experience in systems & solution design, architecture, & development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline required; advanced degree is a plus.
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data management, query processing, distributed processing, high availability, statistical, data mining, machine learning & operational excellence of production systems is required.
- Have a successful track record of leading architecture work for large scale projects that represent broad strategic initiatives meeting quantifiable business objectives & resulting in tangible impact for the organization. Demonstrated expertise in leveraging agile & other development methodologies
- Strong at identifying problems, solving complex problems with simple solutions.
- Think strategically: See patterns & relationships in information & events; clarify & simplify complex information; anticipate trends & possibilities that may lead to new business opportunities; consistently think & act "ahead of the curve;" anticipate & effectively respond with urgency to immediate opportunities; executes plans vigorously & with flexibility; operate proactively; identify & address long-term opportunities.
- Strong on driving for results & self-motivated, fast learner, with good understanding of related advanced/new technology. Keep up with the technology development in the related areas in the industry, which could be leveraged to enhance current architectures & build durable new ones.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, & interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues & concepts to multiple organization levels & executive management.
- Demonstrated hands on experience building & architecting Big Data solutions. Expertise in Big Data technologies in Hadoop ecosystem MapReduce, Hive, HDFS, Yarn, Kafka, Pig, Oozie, HBase, Sqoop, Spark, etc
- Experience architecting highly distributed, scalable, concurrent & low latency systems working with one or more of the following technologies: Hadoop distributions, Storm & Spark streaming, Kafka, Spark advanced analytics, NoSQL data warehouses such as MongoDB Hbase, Cassandra, & data processing frameworks like Apache Nifi.
- Hands on experience with Scala, Python, & Java etc
- Understanding of Machine Learning libraries like Apache Mahout & Spark MLib
- Strong understanding of data analytics & data visualization
- Developing data-enabling software utilizing open source frameworks or projects such as Spring, Angular JS, SOLR, Drools, etc.
- Strong on elegant coding, can write very solid prototypes or core components quickly.
- Should be a technical leader who inspires people first through his/her technical know-how
- Experience working with & evaluating open source technologies & demonstrated ability to make objective choices.
- Leveraging DevOps techniques & practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation & Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Teraform, Ruby, Git & Docker.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.