Compass is streamlining the home buying & selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology & personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have over 15,000 of the countrys top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell, & rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, & have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Commission Services to join our fast-paced & quickly expanding Financial Services team. Positioned in our New York office, you will play a central role in supporting our East Regional Commissions organization, focusing on our commission processing operation for agents. Reporting to the Head of National Commission Services, you will work with & lead all East regional Commission Services personnel to drive accuracy & timeliness of commission processing.
At Compass You Will:
- Lead a customer-facing function & develop the growing Commission Services team
- Improve the operational systems, processes, & policies in support of the Financial Services organizations mission -- specifically, make it as simple as possible for our Agents to get paid, so they can spend their time doing what they do best: selling real estate
- Assume responsibility for the accuracy & integrity of recorded revenue & commission payouts
- Oversee all transaction-related activity, including closing transactions in the system, issuing commission payments, processing referrals, & handling agent issues & requests
- Collaborate on company-level financial reporting
- Create processes & procedures to increase efficiency, speed, & quality of monthly revenue recognition
- Ensure that proper controls are operating effectively, & work with the rest of the finance team to drive improvements
- Build relationships with regional managers & work with them to efficiently & accurately prepare, verify & process commission disbursements
- Spearhead initiatives to improve the experience for our agents by evaluating the effectiveness of financial practices
What We're Looking For:
- Seven (7) plus years of relevant experience, including at least five (3) years of management experience
- Bachelors degree in business, accounting or finance; MBA a plus
- Experience operating in a production environment, tasked with increasing throughput while maintaining high-quality standards
- Superior interpersonal communication, customer service, & analytical skills
- Ability to provide support with regard to finance-related questions & handle multiple tasks within an open & interactive environment
- Ability & desire to roll up sleeves & be hands-on in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with a positive attitude & the ability to problem-solve with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated history of process improvement
- Positive, cooperative attitude; ability to work with multiple teams simultaneously, both internal & external
- Experience in real estate industry a plus