Here at Appian, were passionate about technology. We love making it, & we love using it. Coming on board to Appian Finance within the Appian Corporate team means you'll be doing work that directly impacts the overall business. We are a people-first organization, all committed to providing a first-class employee experience. Our top priority is ensuring our people & the business are equipped with the tools, resources, & processes needed to thrive. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian across the world.
The Senior Revenue Recognition Accountant will participate in all aspects of the revenue accounting function to review & approve customer contracts for proper revenue recognition. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment & can meet our business demands in a professional & knowledgeable manner.
This role will be at Appian HQ, which is located in McLean, VA. Expectation is to be in the office on a hybrid schedule.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Experience reviewing fully executed customer contracts to conclude on appropriate accounting treatment & identify any issues to ensure that all software & services revenues follow generally accepted accounting principles (ASC 606).
- Experience reviewing & approving revenue allocation & revenue plans in the NetSuite accounting system. This individual will also support the monthly closing process.
- Experience supporting revenue accounting documentation, including revenue accounting checklists, position papers & revenue allocation spreadsheets for booked orders.
- Experience with annual audit & quarterly reviews by providing external auditors with requested documentation for revenue transactions being tested.
- Will assist with preparation of SEC filings as needed.
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
Well immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong & growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from across the globe.
Appian offers a wide variety of growth & development opportunities such as: our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning & Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, & tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- 3-5 years of revenue accounting experience.
- Public accounting experience, strongly preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- ERP financial systems experience, preferred.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting & CPA certification.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. We value & encourage cross-departmental collaboration, & actively seek opportunities to better ourselves & others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change.