Muck Racks engineering team powers a platform that is meaningfully changing how journalists, PR pros, & marketers around the world work. Self-funded, globally distributed, & remote-first since our founding, Crains named Muck Rack one of the Best Places to Work in NYC in 2019 & 2020. Were looking for a collaborative & self-motivated Front-End Developer to join our small but quickly growing team & make a big impact.
As a Front-End Developer youll work alongside the CTO, fellow software engineers, product managers, & designers, to ensure that our product looks great & works well with our clients. Our engineers are not siloed to any part of the application everyone contributes everywhere.
Our tech stack includes Python, Django, Celery, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Vue, & Webpack. Our technology team is focused on scale, quality, delivery, & thoughtful customer experience. We ship frequently without sacrificing work/life balance.
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 3+ years professional experience as a Front-End Developer focused on performance & profiling.
- Possess strong communication skills & can explain ideas clearly, give & receive feedback, & work well with team members.
- Have worked on complex, high-traffic sites at a startup or Software-as-a-Service company.
- Understand multiple front-end frameworks (Vue, React, etc.).
- Have been a part of planning & building front-end end-to-end & unit testing.
- Are familiar with Linux or Unix environments & the command line.
- Have demonstrable Python/Django experience
- Have a good understanding of responsive design, grids, typography, & layout.
- Have a strong understanding of SEO principles & accessibility practices (ADA compliance).
- Desire to create something beautiful.
More about us:
Muck Rackers work to make journalists, PR pros, & marketers more successful.
Self-funded & growing quickly but sustainably, we have the freedom to build forward-thinking products, put our customers first, & offer an inclusive culture that welcomes diverse perspectives.
We enjoy the flexibility to work where were most productive & stay connected no matter where were located. We each have an impact on our continued growth & success, & we all take pride in the work we do to drive the company forward.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible remote-first policy
- Health, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Flexible spending account
- Access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, & an Employee Assistance Program
- Off-the-grid vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Discounted gym & bike memberships
- Opt-in disability & life insurance
Muck Rack encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair & consistent interview process.
**We are actively interviewing candidates across the US, Canada, Poland & Bulgaria only**