As a Counselat Compass, you work on exciting matters that require proactive legal guidance. You're part of a group of talented in-house lawyers & the projects you work on challenge you to think creatively & constructively. You are energetic & collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of Compasss business & work with employees & agents across the company. Your contributions will be impactful, value driven, & you will play an instrumental role on the Compass Legal Team.
At Compass You Will:
- Draft, review, & negotiate a wide range of routine & mission-critical commercial contracts (including professional services agreements, master services agreements, nondisclosure agreements, license agreements, & various technology hardware & software agreements) that support & enable our business operations
- Support the Compass Development team in drafting & negotiating complex new development marketing & sales agreements
- Identify & analyze legal issues & communicate sound, understandable legal & business recommendations to the various internal stakeholders you support
- Advise various business teams & partners on legal issues & risk assessment, approval processes, Compass policies & procedures, & business strategy
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements & legal processes, with an emphasis on efficiency & scalability (including contract automation, developing trainings, contract templates, & playbooks)
What We Look For:
- Strong academic credentials including a JD & membership in good standing in at least one state bar (NY bar a plus)
- 3-5 years of top-tier law firm and/or in-house legal department including experience negotiating & drafting commercial agreements
- Excellent analytical, consulting, drafting & negotiation skills with the ability to make well-reasoned legal & business judgments
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills & an ability to clearly & simply explain complex ideas
- A creative thinker with strong problem solving skills & the ability to stay calm under pressure, work independently, handle multiple assignments simultaneously, & effectively manage deliverables with time-sensitive deadlines
- A team player with low ego who can effectively work with other attorneys & legal professionals
- A willingness to learn new areas of law, acquire new skills, & take on additional and/or new responsibilities within the team on an as-needed basis
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.