The supervising producer plays a key role on Vices digital video team, & is primarily responsible for overseeing our short-form & platform-specific video content. This role will oversee a team of producers, & be charged with leading them in the development of short-form video series that will resonate with VIces audience on YouTube, Snapchat, & beyond. The ideal candidate is web-savvy, creative, comfortable experimenting with new ideas & formats, & adept at collaborating with journalists, producers, audience development teams, & cultivating new talent for projects. Theyre also comfortable juggling multiple projects in various stages of development, & are constantly monitoring the digital landscape for new trends in short-form & social video that might work for Vice. This individual will work closely with Vice digitals executive producer & other digital executives to ensure that our short-form video projects are resonating with Vices online audience & meeting traffic goals.
- Work with digital leadership to develop & iterate on short-form digital video strategy
- Help lead the idea generation & development process for new short-form video series across platforms (YouTube, Snapchat, etc)
- Oversee short-form video projects, from idea stage to post-production
- Work closely with digital editorial team on translating ideas from reporters & editors into successful short-form video content
- Provide guidance, feedback, & strong leadership to the short-form team, & ensure that the team is operating to the highest standard
- 7+ years experience in video, with at least two years working on digital video content
- A firm understanding of the entire production process, from pitch to publish, & ideally work experience that spans several of those steps
- Concrete experience working on multiple platforms beyond O&O, such as YouTube & Snapchat
- Strong leadership & organizational skills & an eye for talent (both behind & in front of the camera)
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application & selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture. We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes & is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.