Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
The Senior Accountant would be responsible for to helping close the books, account reconciliations, & many other ad hoc projects.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, & is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, & its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, & a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Review shared cost allocations
- Execute financial statement analysis & document meaningful explanations for fluctuations to help management with business decisions
- You will oversee other accounting staff to ensure quality & timeliness of deliverables, including providing improvements on the close calendar
- Assist in international accounting per intercompany agreements
- Assist in annual financial audits, including preparing audit schedules & responding to audit inquiries
- Assist in month end close (i.e. accruals, prepare workpapers for schedules for monthly reconciliations)
- Other assignments as required
- Work cross functionally with technical accounting, Finance, Legal, AP, Payroll, FP&A, Tax & various business owners on policies, processes, & help drive key system initiatives & improvements
Our dream candidate has...
- BA/BS in accounting or finance, CPA preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar environment
- A mix of public & private experience
- Willingness to extend themselves & assist other people
- Understanding of financial controls
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Good planning & organizational skills to balance & prioritize work
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Prior experience with an E-commerce and/or manufacturing entity
- Exposure to a SOX environment
- Prior start-up experience
- Accounts payable and/or accounts receivable experience
- Exposure to large JDE