Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 15,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, fast-growing career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Senior Software Engineer is part of the Clearing & Settlement Test Engineering team based in Austin, TX, USA. We are in need of a highly motivated & skilled Senior Software Engineer that is passionate on using modern software engineering & testing principles to deliver robust applications to our global users.
The successful candidate will support Test Engineering efforts for the Clearing & Settlement (CAS) System, one of Visa's largest revenue generating platform & work with other peer test engineering organizations to insure seamless code releases.
- Design & develop test plans & functional test cases from business requirements & conceptual documents
- Participate in Test design/plan review sessions with peers & other stakeholders
- Provide estimates on scope & scale of effort required to test changes
- Setup, configure, & maintain test environments
- Execute test cases, analyze & report test results to project team
- Contribute to test automation initiatives including building test tools to improve code quality & application performance
- Support cross-functional teams in integration test efforts
- Ensure delivery of a high quality product meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe
- Collaborate closely with the development team to analyze, debug & resolve application issues
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field
- 3+ years software development & test experience
- Experience with one or more testing frameworks, including but not limited to TestNG, JUnit, or Robot Framework
- Familiarity with Jenkins, git, or other source control & CI/CD technologies
- Strong Windows/Unix skills, proficient with at least one shell & one high-level scripting language (e.g. bash, Python, Ruby)
- Experience building & testing applications, RESTful services, or microservices on a modern technology stack
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Ability to work well within a globally distributed team, in a high performance organization
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines