Minimum Experience: 5 years
Job Type: Full time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices,attained unicorn status after our recent investment round,and been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds."
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
What youve done before:
You have built & shipped amazing features using the latest web stack, including NodeJS/Express, React+Redux, & Docker. Demonstrated excellent problem solving skills with solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, including commonly used algorithms & data structures. Collaborated closely across teams in engineering, business development, & client services to deliver groundbreaking products for your clients. Led important initiatives & mentored junior engineers.
What success looks like in your first 6 months:
- contribute code to production systems from the get-go.
- spend time with different teams to understand how Dataminr delivers breaking news in seconds across mobile, web & inbox.
- mentor more junior members of our growing team.
- design significant features that impact multiple platforms & apps.
- own portions of our product suite & be responsible for reliability & scalability.
- influence the direction of our technical roadmap, introducing new concepts & practices that improve the experience of our users & streamlines developer experience.
- bring new ideas to our engineering-wide processes to help us improve constantly.
Why you should work here:
We recognize & reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- opportunities to own & drive important critical projects.
- individual Learning & Development fund & professional training.
- generous leave & flexible hours.
- daily catered lunch & a fully stocked kitchen.
- And more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.