We are reinventing global trade.
The Data Infrastructure team is rapidly growing & is adding an engineer to lead the design, development, administration & monitoring of our core database systems. Our primary database is a relational database, but we are extending our data footprint to include a NoSQL data store. You will support the day-to-day production operations as well as utilize automation to maintain & apply changes, through infrastructure code.
- Design highly scalable systems using AWS RDS PostgreSQL & MongoDB Atlas
- Administer & provide on-call support for production database systems
- Automate database configurations through infrastructure code
- Troubleshoot database performance issues
- Develop & practice disaster recovery plans to ensure data integrity
- Ensure security & compliance across all database systems
You should have:
- 6+ years in a DBA or data engineering role
- 3+ years of experience with PostgreSQL
- Strong database performance tuning
- Experience with infrastructure automation & configuration management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.