What is Slice?
Slice is the leading marketplace connecting customers to the local pizza shops they love. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for customers, & by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, & marketing to grow their business. Slice evens the playing field for local pizzerias against both Big Pizza & Mass Marketplaces, & we want you to join our mission.
Slice has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 11,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder & CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends & family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their bites to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of product managers, technologists, marketers & operational & investors all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza. Did you see we were recently Apples App of the Day?
Why you should be a Product Manager at Slice:
- This is a rare chance to get in early at a well-funded startup, own your products, & craft world-class experiences.
- Grow your career & receive mentorship from a high-performance team of Product pros from Amazon, AmEx, Gilt, Jet & more top companies!
- Prioritize user outcomes over roadmap output. Make a real difference both for the users feeding their friends/family & in the lives of 55,000 small business owners & the hundreds of thousands of people they employ.
What you'll do:
- Drive the roadmap process by working closely with Engineers, Product Designers & Analysts to test, code, measure & iterate your products.
- Work directly with business owners to validate new opportunities for digital product development in the B2B space, focused on small business growth & operations.
- Lead cross-functional Squads that identify & prioritize high-impact opportunities & keep the team focused on the users Job-To-Be-Done.
- Through both your own data analysis & working with Slices Analytics team, develop & test hypotheses to optimize the experience & drive revenue.
- Support our business development team on the discovery & execution of product partnerships.
- 4-5 years of Product Management experience.
- Good experience both in analyzing data to help develop hypotheses & then constructing experiments to test them.
- Clear passion for Design Thinking & being a partner to Product Design.
- Willingness to spend time in the field with business owners to uncover opportunities for new product development, innovation at scale to consolidate feedback on an ongoing basis that can be socialized to the larger organization.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate & partner well throughout an organization.
- Meticulous in taking care of the details & demonstrating end-to-end ownership of work.
- Energy, enthusiasm & passion to help drive creative solutions for the future of small business technologies, finance & operations.
- A fun & positive approach to your work, & treat others well.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical & organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts & opinions of your peers.
- Proven ability to communicate & collaborate effectively with engineers & non-engineering stakeholders alike.
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, & flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product & business, no matter the department. Youre the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of best-in-class team who combine creativity, curious minds & a commitment to excellence with the desire & commitment to grow & build on the Product Development skill base & community here in NI. Missing a few of the criteria but have worked in a pizza shop? Why not get in touch!
- Market leading salary
- Share options
- Strong pension contribution
- Health & dental care
- Income & Death insurance
- 750 a year to use for any self learning/education
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Market leading maternity & paternity Schemes
- Flexible working
- Generous time off allowance & policies
- Free friday pizza & Monday breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Substantial gym membership discount
How to apply?
We do not use agencies as we have a strong network of referrals, & also want you to have the best recruiting experience possible. A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work & projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice is an equal opportunities employer & we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style & perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, & we aim to recruit like minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.