The Sporting Goods Walmart US E-commerce Team is looking for an individual who can thrive in a dynamic environment, demonstrate & foster creative thinking, & support Sporting Goods category vision & performance objectives.
As the eCommerce Business Development Manager for Sporting Goods, you will be responsible for leading the groups exploration & landing of new business opportunities & for optimizing the value of key existing partnerships.
The role has three primary accountability areas:
Developing new partnerships that help expand the categorys relevance & stickiness in two key areas: brand/assortment sourcing & user experience.
Strengthening the impact of our partnerships in the Marketplace space.
Developing strategic partnerships that help Sporting Goods innovate its overall user experience in the Sporting Goods retail competitive set
This role will give you an opportunity both to drive into new revenue-generating space for the category & also to support the needs of a number of diverse subcategories by collaborating with the Category Specialists managing those businesses. You will report to the GM Sporting Goods & your responsibility may evolve to include managing Business Development Specialists.
You will work on the Sporting Goods leadership team & collaborate with an amazing group of Sporting Goods associates & cross-functional colleagues. You will have access to technology & tools to help you prospect & to analyze market opportunities & customer, partner, business & financial insights. Were counting on you to share your knowledge & expertise with your team & foster a collaborative & supportive environment.
Business Development & Partnerships:
- Prospect & land new marketplace partners to extend the assortment & profitability of the Sporting Goods Category
- Work with Category Specialists to identify, divide-and-conquer, & land new brand partners that can close white space in the category assortment.
- Develop B2B strategy & prospect, partner & maintain vendor communications
- Develop strategic partnerships with affiliates, brands, licensors, data suppliers, influencers in support of overall Sporting Goods category vision & in collaboration with Category Managers for individual sports subcategories
- Team leadership for contract negotiation & supplier onboarding: owning the process for key
Marketplace Growth & Standard-Setting:
- Leads Sporting Goods marketplace channel development initiative to improve SGs marketplace performance by
- Leading the development ofkey, strategicnew marketplace relationships, onboarding 3-5 per year.
- Expanding the overall volume of marketplace partners
- Developing marketplace strategic plan to improvement of Sporting Goods performance
- Serving as SME for all Marketplace accountabilities held by Category Specialists, guiding them to optimize performance of sellers that are aligned with their sub-category
- Ensuring a high level of compliance by sellers in the marketplace channel
- Collaborates with other Sporting Goods team members & cross-functional partners
- Collaborates with external business partners & vendors Drives the execution of multiple projects & initiatives
- Collaborates with the Marketplace Channel team to
- Coach team members & provide feedback to enhance skills, knowledge & work performance.
- Builds & leads a team to execute on business area or category objectives.
- Have performance & career development conversations.
- Maintains team motivation & engagement.
- Mentors Associate Strategy
- Promotes & supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, & standards of ethics & integrity.
- Provides supervision & development opportunities for associates.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- Five years of relevant experience
- At least 3-4 years of experience in a retail environment preferred
- Strong influence & persuasion skills
- High level of resilience
- High level of attention to detail paired with an ability to think big-picture & operate strategically
- Strong interpersonal skills & experience working in a collaborative environment; able to work effectively both with Junior colleagues & Senior Leaders/Managers
- Able to multi-task & meet deadlines
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve & define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money & live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent & more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital & physical shopping to help achieve that mission.