At Lyft, community is who we are, its what we do, & its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community, by creating an open, inclusive & diverse organization where all team members belong.
Lyft is hiring a Director for its Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Team. This is an opportunity to play a crucial role in helping build a financial foundation for a rapidly growing, post-IPO company. This is a highly visible position with the ability to influence key business decisions.
As one of the key leaders on the team owning revenue for the Rideshare business, this person will drive financial planning & analysis activities, deliver key business insights & continuously strive towards business efficiency. We have a world-class finance team that has a reputation for going above & beyond to get things done & we are looking for someone who is a team-player with a service attitude.
- Work collaboratively with product & business leadership to understand drivers behind changes to revenue & gross margin & articulate recommendations to support profitable growth
- Serve as a value-added business partner to the Shared & High Value product lines. Evaluate performance of current business & provide financial guidance & recommendations that drives short-term & long-term strategic decisions
- Perform quantitative & qualitative analysis to provide recommendations that help operate business with a high degree of efficiency. Advise on trade-offs between growth & profitability (ROI driven accountability)
- Manage a strong team of individual contributors
- Become embedded with business partners across the company, establish trust & help translate business strategies & objectives into financial outcomes
- Develop from the ground-up, & then own on an ongoing basis, robust & scalable processes to inform forecasts & track performance
- Lead beyond budgeting & planning be a thought leader & partner with stakeholders to drive operational efficiencies while scaling the company
- Lead the development of executive-grade analytics & reporting that provide management with clear insights into drivers of business growth, risks, & opportunities
- Assist in developing annual & quarterly plans. Evaluate performance against the plan & ensure product & business road map is aligned with the financial goals
- Develop & continuously improve key financial metrics & analysis to support the unique & changing needs of the functions supported
- Deliver weekly/monthly/quarterly analysis & reporting of financial performance, including variances to plan, to ensure key issues, risks, & business drivers are clearly understood & highlighted
- Manage & advise on special projects - may include new product launches
- Contribute to the growth & culture of the team of high-performing group of individuals
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field
- 10+ years of experience working in finance in a high-growth environment; roles in complex & low margin businesses ideal
- Self-starter who is able thrive in a dynamic environment under short timelines & changing priorities
- Proven track record of breaking down & solving complex problems with impeccable business judgment. Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks & concrete action plans
- Proven track record of leading & managing high-performing teams
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders & leading cross functional initiatives
- Extraordinary interpersonal & communication skills, cultivator of collaborative working relationships with teams across a diverse organization
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.