Job Title: Intermediate Full Stack Software Developer
Why join Igloo:
Were at an unprecedented impasse in the world of work. CEOs are becoming increasingly concerned about employee engagement, productivity is scattered with the proliferation of apps & tools, & there are major gaps in the demographics & internal culture of businesses worldwide. Igloo addresses these challenges by bringing together people, processes, through a portfolio of digital workplace solutions & best of breed services.
Igloos goal is to help people communicate & collaborate in the workplace. This means creating simple but effective workflows to enable people to create content & a delightful experience for consuming & collaborating on it.
Why this role is important:
As a key member of the Software Development team you will work alongside a fabulous team of developers. Youll help to enhance the feature set, performance, scale, security & optimization of our software & tooling while also crushing more than a few interesting bugs. This is an incredibly meaningful role working on our flagship product that is literally changing how the world works!
Youre a great fit for our team if you are passionate about building digital platforms & providing innovative ways of connecting services that provide an exceptional customer experience at scale & in real-time.
The impact youll have:
- Contribute: Youll work with your team to enhance, scale & secure Igloos flagship software & services!
- Learn: Work with the rest of the development teams to continually learn, understand, determine & establish meaningful standards that support modern development practices & patterns.
- Investigate: Ownership of the troubleshooting & targeted refactoring of under performing application areas.
- Improve: Relentlessly track down & squash tricky bugs that cause our customers pain through thoughtful & elegant solutions.
- Collaborate: Work cross-functionally with other Engineering teams to establish, implement & guide the delivery of the software development teams services.
What youll need:
- 3+ years of hands-on web development experience
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Strong knowledge of working with RESTful APIs
- Previous experience optimizing, scaling, refactoring or securing web applications
- Highly detail oriented with exceptional follow up & follow through
- The ability to problem solve & think both critically & creatively
- Exceptional ability to communicate (including written documentation skills)
- Knowledge of security gateways & protocols (JWT, Oauth2.0, SSL Certificates)
- Proficient in one of the following: Bootstrap, Foundation, Kube or equivalent experience with a major responsive web framework
- Web Accessibility (WCAG)
- Experience using Azure Services (Azure Event Hub)
Tech stack (brownie points!):
- .Net MVC5 & C#
- SQL & NoSQL experience
- HTML & CSS
- Front-end frameworks & templating languages
What we have to offer:
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee & tea, treats every pay day, & an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, & we give our developers stipends to buy whatever hardware makes their work easier.
You own the work you do. Your decisions are yours, & youre evaluated on results. We pride ourselves on being a flat organization where everyone has a voice theres no such thing as a bad idea.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo welcomes & encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Learn more about Igloo Software