Marc Andresson, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: software is eating the world. That statement is just as true today as it was eight years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, & few industries are immune. Peak behind the code & you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader & they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software & growing their business. Research the industry & you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2020.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big & small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems & processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa & placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gores venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative & Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live & breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world & act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people & then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
About the role:
We are seeking a transformational, strategic & innovative human to lead and oversee global talent acquisition, operations & analytics for all of Andelas corporate functions.
This is a highly visible role, reporting into the Head of People, partnering with leadership enterprise-wide & critical to the execution of our long-term business strategy. You will be responsible for optimizing the global talent acquisition strategies, brand building, process improvement & growing the capabilities/efficiencies of our Staff Recruiting team.
You will shape the future of talent acquisition by building a high volume talent acquisition org.
Key Responsibilities will include:
Commercial & Team Leadership
- Cultivate a high-performing recruiting organisation - with an emphasis on building a best in class sales & corporate recruiting team.
- Lead the Staff Recruiting team to hire high quality talent, consistently hitting targets
- Drive initiatives that inspire an insight driven approach to talent acquisition effectively at all levels of the organization across the uniquely cross-cultural Andela environment.
- Create & manage annual & quarterly operational planning process; working collaboratively with cross functional leaders.
- Partner with business leaders to set & drive strategy, goals, process, & metrics.
- Partner with functional leadership to determine workforce planning, talent development strategies with a focus on high quality, cost effectiveness & timely execution.
- Develop & execute a competitive talent strategy that will ensure that the business attracts & hires the exceptional talent for each function
- Establish a comprehensive digital marketing strategy that drives talent acquisition & brand recognition for Andela
- Anticipate emerging talent requirements & proactively developing solutions to meet them and/or head off short-term critical talent shortages.
- Collaborate effectively with our global engineering talent acquisition function to achieve economies of scale & share best practices
Modernize & Optimize Staff Recruiting
- Plan & deploy the infrastructure & architecture of our global staff recruiting engine.
- Design & implement employer branding, recruitment marketing using industry best practice & data driven strategies
Team Leadership & Change Management
- Take an awesome team to the next level - design diverse career paths & growth opportunities for your team.
- Provide direct support & coaching to your team as they help their direct reports through possible transitions & strategy changes
- Ensure quality is priority at all times & enable your team to keep this at the top of their minds
Heres a bit of who you are:
- You care deeply about quality & people
- You are a futuristic thinker whos excited to work in a dynamic & truly global environment
- You are comfortable & experienced in executive level stakeholder engagement & strategic leadership.
- You have a proven track record in leading high-performing, high-volume talent acquisition groups & driving cross-functional initiatives.
- You have significant & relevant experience across recruiting & other related talent acquisition/HR roles leading large teams.
- You are a process oriented & data driven leader; passionate about fixing complex operational challenges allowing for greater scalability & global impact.
- You are a structured, logical, & creative thinker with an ability to dissect a problem using a critical approach & iteratively test solutions.
- You possess strong verbal & written communication skills, with the ability to present clear, well-thought out recommendations.
- You are a credible expert, influencing through a trusted advisor approach
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, & a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.