At Squarespace, our platform empowers millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories & create an impactful, design-forward, & easy-to-manage online presence. From our headquarters in NYC, we are actively working to grow our products reach & bring the future of online publishing to a worldwide audience.
We are in search of an MBA Strategy Intern to join our Business Development trio, part of the larger Squarespace Strategic Initiatives team, based in New York. In this role, you will be responsible for helping us guide the company toward the goal of diversifying the product portfolio. If you get excited about the idea of joining a small but effective team, working closely with Product & Engineering counterparts, & inventing (rather than following!) a playbook, then this role is for you.
This role is based in our New York City headquarters & reports to a Manager on the Business Development team.
- Develop & propose a plan for evangelizing Squarespace products through integration partnerships
- Work cross-functionally with Product & Engineering to scope possibilities & understand their acceptance criteria for a strong integration
- Identify top potential integration partners for specific areas of the product
- Write the strategy that will serve as an execution guide to a full-time member of the team, after the internship. (If you have time to begin executing during your time with us, even better!)
- Drive market research to understand local user needs, preferences, cultural differences, competitive environment, & any local insights that should inform integration strategies in key non-US markets
- Recommend top potential integration partners in these select markets to ensure all Squarespace customers have the right set of integrations from which to choose
- Collaborate with current Business Development team on on-going projects
- Currently in the first year of a full-time MBA program
- Experience in partnerships, business development, or related experience
- Experience working autonomously & cross-functionally in a growth stage company
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills with proven ability to influence decision making across teams
- Strong analytical skills & an ability to research independently to build business cases
- Good product understanding & ability to prioritize & articulate business needs to product & engineering is preferred
- Experience working with APIs preferred
- Language ability in another language besides English is a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.