First Look Media is looking for an experienced & forward-thinking senior backend engineer to join our top-notch engineering team.
Candidates should be self-motivated professionals who have experience working with building long lasting data models & APIs (both as a provider & client of APIs). A broad set of experiences is ideal - creating & maintaining simple, easy to use services is core to the role, but building solid ETL pipelines, imagining scalable workflows, & robust cloud deployments are all important skills to have or develop.
As Senior Engineer youll have a great deal of autonomy so you should be organized, outspoken & love creating great products. You should also have an open-source mentality, thinking both about how to build projects as sets of reusable components that can be shared with the world as well as accepting & working with internal developers on our private projects to refine & accept pull requests.
- Architect & implement backend systems & services
- Manage & improve our infrastructure & tooling
- Build robust two-way integrations with a variety of third party services
- Work with the wider engineering team & stakeholders to constantly refine our processes
Our Tech Stack:
We use the best tools for the job & are always open to new technologies, but our basic stack includes:
Background & Qualifications:
- At least 3 years as a backend engineer
- Experience building an evolving data model & API
- Someone who works easily & collaboratively with the team
- A record of shipping products & features
- Experience working as a client of many different APIs
- Someone whos worked with Cloud services (ideally AWS)
- Comfort in a dynamic environment
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism anddocumentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder & philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First LookMedia was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture & a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Field of Vision, & the recently launched Topic SVOD service, & plans to continue expandingits mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats & platforms as well as through foundational technologyhelping creators & audiences develop, distribute, discover & connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
People of color, people with disabilities, women, & LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, & to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.