Were Away. We believe the more everyone travels, the better we all become. And our mission is to transform travel through products & stories that inspire people to get away more.
Away is looking for an innovative & thoughtful Copywriter to join the Creative team. This person will manage copy for Aways owned channels (email, e-commerce, paid social, organic social & more). The ideal candidate is passionate about owning a brand voice & bringing it to life in many different fashions.
This role will report into our Creative Director & be based in our office in Soho, NY (currently remote due to COVID-19.)
What youll do:
- Manage & execute any/all materials requiring copy for owned channels
- Help bring creative campaigns to life across owned channels
- Generate product & color naming conventions
- Collaborate with key cross-functional teams on copy development for their channels understanding the right balance of channel best practice & brand voice
- Partner with another copywriter on the team to learn & build our brand voice
- Audit & optimize existing channel copy for performance, consistency & cross-channel alignment
Who you are:
- Minimum 3 years of copywriting experience at a creative agency or brand creative team
- Creator of a strong & dynamic portfolio that showcases a wide array of experience across brand projects
- Digitally native, with an understanding of copy best practices within the digital space
- Able to effectively partner with various key stakeholders & manage multiple projects at once
- Excited by & thrive in a fast-paced, ever-evolving & entrepreneurial environment
- Curious & resourceful with a natural ability to solve problems & seek new information, yet also accessible to all team members & eager to solicit feedback
- Work with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Love to travel (but that's a given)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.