Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the countrys leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness & value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals & clients. Weve partnered with top biopharma companies & are backed by leading venture capital firms to help further expand our research & product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, were assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively & authentically, to innovate & think transformation, not status quo.
If thats you, wed love to hear from you.
As the Sr. Director of People, you will serve a small but mighty People team as a player/coach, & youll partner closely with business leaders across the organization as a strategic advisor toward furthering Aetions status as a top talent destination. Our people & company culture are key to our success so you'll take the lead in building an amazing employee experience from the ground up & ensuring that we have the best in class HR infrastructure to scale the business. This includes the recruiting strategy, performance management, employee relations, compensation & benefits, employee engagement, training & development, & all other People oriented programs.
As a leader on the People team, you strike a balance between getting down in the weeds to apply your knowledge & expertise with your ability to pull up & help set plans for the future. You are excited about unlocking solutions & thrive in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate will be passionate about team member engagement & will have experience scaling the People Operations function in a rapidly growing organization. Comfort with a constantly changing & evolving organization as well as expertise in all areas of human resources is essential for this role.
The following duties include, but are not limited to...
- Serve as a hands-on leader to the People team & as an advisor to leadership on all people-related matters, to ensure Aetion has the requisite talent, processes/systems, & policies to achieve our strategic & financial goals
- Oversee & develop our people strategies & programs, e.g.: performance management; talent acquisition, onboarding, & retention; compensation & benefits; workforce planning & analytics; organizational design; policies & compliance learning & development; & employee engagement/culture-building initiatives (in collaboration with Marketing)
- Use people-related metrics & data to aid in strategic decision making; develop key metrics to reflect organizational health & to direct related action & investment
- Institute scalable professional development programming to advance team performance, engagement, & retention
- Build trust with employees across all levels of the organization
- Oversee departmental operational/budget planning & management
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop & execute a range of employee communications & events/experiences to strengthen our employer brand.
- Maintain & apply in-depth knowledge of legal & compliance requirements related to day-to-day employee management, legal risk mitigation, & regulatory compliance; liaise with internal & external legal counsel as appropriate
- Bachelors degree & 8+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Experience leading & managing an HR department & programming in a scaling company
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills; fluent in driving organizational clarity around vision, goals, roles, etc. & in otherwise nurturing a high-performance culture
- Strong project management skills, solutions oriented & experience managing cross-functional relationships & priorities
- Graduate degree and/or HR-related certification
- Business acumen; shown to devise & deliver HR partnership & programming in keeping with the business near- & long-term imperatives
- Commitment to driving diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple demands & shifting priorities in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively & build credibility across departments & employees at all levels of the organization
- Compelling track record in designing & implementing systems & processes
- Project management excellence; demonstrated track record in thoughtfully planning & executing projects to successful completion; passion for delivering & supporting high-quality work product no matter how big or small the task
- Comfortable with technology, particularly HRIS, ATS (Greenhouse), Lattice, Google Suite, & Microsoft
- Lead at all levels Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS
- Located in three cities We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, & Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social & energetic offices with a modern layout, & a giant kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry meetups & events.
- Great perks We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 4% 401(k) match, & unlimited PTO
- Awards Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great & inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit & maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse & culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.