Were looking for a Producer to join the NowThis Snapchat team, within Group Nine Media! As a member of the Snapchat team you will possess outstanding writing & producing skills, an ability to work quickly & independently, & an intuitive grasp of what makes a story succeed on social media. Youll be based in our New York City office & report to the Snapchat Supervising Producer.
The Producer-Snapchat will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nines values: Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close, & Win Together.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Pitch, write, produce, & edit short-form videos for our daily Snapchat channels, including breaking news & original Snap series.
- Scour the web & social feeds constantly to pitch the most newsworthy, engaging, & visual stories of the day.
- Identify strong, visual-first stories & pinpoint what makes a piece of content shareable & engaging.
- Quality-check final snaps before publishing to ensure spelling, sourcing, copy, & video meets NowThis style & accuracy standards.
- Cover on breaking news & newsworthy events as needed, sometimes during off-hours.
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Owning the video creation process from pitch to publish: generating story ideas, writing, asset gathering, video editing, fact-checking, preparing for publication using Adobe Premiere & the Snapchat CMS.
- Turning around text-on-screen video edits to meet tight deadlines (sometimes 15-20 short stories per day).
- Writing polished copy that demonstrates a skilful & sophisticated use of grammar, style, syntax, & tone + impeccable news judgment.
- Mastering the NowThis voice & style to create smart, palatable, succinct, & accurate videos that drive social conversation.
- 3+ years of experience writing & editing video for a news organization or other digital media publisher
- 3+ years of experience working in Adobe Premiere + proficiency in Adobe creative suite
- Masterful writing & storytelling skills
- Experience meeting tight deadlines seamlessly
- A deep interest in daily trending news stories & current events
- Strong news judgement & writing skills with superb attention to detail & accuracy
- Ability to adapt writing style to suit a variety of story types with different tones
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience using the Snapchat Discover platform is a plus
- Intimate knowledge of video trends across all social media platforms is a plus