Staff Machine Learning Scientist
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
We are looking for Staff Machine Learning Scientists with a proven track record of solving machine learning problems through utilizing strong machine learning & data science skills. This is an opportunity to make a huge impact in a fast-paced environment at a great company.
About the role
Compass is looking for a Staff Machine Learning Scientist to help us build the future of real estate. Compass is building an end-to-end real estate technology platform that empowers agents & consumers. The AI team is responsible for using machine learning to build features which empower our agents through intelligent tools, & add intelligence to our consumer facing products. We are looking for someone with a proven track record of deploying & supporting machine learning models at scale in customer facing features.
- Using your machine learning skills to explore & deeply understand Compasss data.
- Architect the machine learning products to solve business needs
- Perform feature engineering & modelling tasks on top of this data to power customer facing features.
- Collaborate with machine learning engineers to produce features in a production ready state.
- Support machine learning features throughout the product life cycle.
- Drive design & implementation of our in-house machine learning infrastructure.
What we look for:
- Experience working on machine learning in a product oriented environment.
- Ability to collaborate with scientists, product management & work with an engineering-focused, iterative team to build & establish product requirements.
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks & tooling, for example Spark, PyTorch, SciKit learn, etc.
- Comfortable building prototypes from scratch
- Experience working with a microservice based architecture.
- Experience with AWS development.
- PhD or MS in Computer Science/Machine Learning or equivalent (PhD is preferred) & 8+ years experience is preferred.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Check out our Engineering blog!