BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
BuzzFeed is looking for a detailed customer-service-focused individual to help manage BuzzFeed's advertising operations. As the Account Manager, you will lead in the creation of strategic sales proposals, & develop ideas & concepts to solve client goals that are rooted in storytelling & insights. You will be your client's primary contact to ensure the success of the program & help promote renewals.
We are hiring for roles in our New York & Los Angeles offices, supporting multiple categories.
- Partner with Sales in building successful client & agency relationships, growing the partnership & in selling through BuzzFeed solutions & strategy.
- Work with our teams to maintain successful agency & advertiser relationships
- Hold a general knowledge of all aspects of industry & clients' business & the ability to apply that knowledge to meaningful insights, counsel & planning for your client's business & BuzzFeed assignments.
- Enter & manage insertion orders within third-party & internal sales operations systems
- Be your client's primary contact for the program while providing reporting, monitoring program performance & delivery
- Partner with Creative, Production, Distribution & other teams to successfully launch & manage programs & production schedules
- Report to our Director of Account Management.
- 3+ years experience working at a publisher, media or creative agency managing a brand's digital advertising strategy, creative development & buying activities
- Experience partnering with our teams to brainstorm solutions that achieve client goals & future needs
- Experience in a client-facing role & comfortable presenting to different audiences, tailoring messages accordingly
- Worked on complex programs across a variety of spend levels & markets, with experience of client growth
- Experience reporting & monitoring program performance & delivery by working with distribution & advertising operations teams
- Project management experience & ability to navigate & communicate deliverables with accuracy
- Experience & ability to tell a story using data, research & insights research
- Keynote, Powerpoint, Excel, Google Product Suite, Basecamp, Slack & Boostr knowledge
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.