Do you dream in numbers & thrive in fast-paced, energetic, collaborative environments? CIC is expanding domestically & abroad, & is growing its finance team. The Senior Project Accountant will be highly involved in all aspects of property & fixed asset accounting, budgeting & forecasting, & reporting. This is a great opportunity for someone with four or more years of experience in the financial or accounting fields.
CIC is a global leader in building & operating innovation communities. Founded in 1999 in Cambridge, MA, CIC is one of the first companies to offer flexible office space & coworking options, providing a platform for the world's most impactful entrepreneurs to innovate better & faster.
We have locations in Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Providence, Rotterdam, St. Louis, Warsaw, & Tokyo & are growing into other cities, within the US & abroad. CIC has supported over 6,000 startups, growth companies, & branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, & non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries.
CIC co-founded a number of mission-aligned organizations including Venture Caf, CIC's primary non-profit programming partner, & CIC Health, offering COVID-19 testing services to companies & the public.
We invite you to explore all our openings & learn more about our teams here.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WORK
The Senior Project Accountant will work alongside the Global Controller, Assistant Controller, Finance Managers, & peers. It is a small team, with each member having ownership over specific responsibilities, while supporting one another with opportunities for frequent collaboration.
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Handling the month-end close process, including preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, & various analytics relating to assigned properties.
• Accounting for property-related transactions including fixed assets, capital leases (property & equipment), customer deposits, & tenant improvements.
• Understanding & researching existing GAAP standards, & implementing new standards.
• Budgeting & forecasting (cash & income statement) relating to assigned properties.
• Assembling documentation for invoicing landlords for tenant improvement funds & assisting the construction team on project cost tracking & analysis.
• Preparing & analyzing financial statements.
• Accounting & tracking of fixed assets, including maintenance of fixed asset records, depreciation calculations, & all related reporting, including against budget & forecasting, & related timing of cash requirements.
• Other projects, as appropriate.
CIC seeks highly capable, self-directed individuals who employ a high level of autonomy in their work. If you are the kind of person who thinks creatively, & critically about problems & enjoys a fast-paced environment, you would probably enjoy working here.
The ideal candidate will:
• Possess strong accounting, finance, quantitative, & business writing skills.
• Work cooperatively & collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
• Be adaptable & have the ability to work well under pressure in a demanding environment.
• Work comfortably with everyone, treating everyone as an equal.
• Be highly detail-oriented & organized with solid time management skills.
• A bachelor's degree in Accounting.
• A minimum of four years of corporate accounting experience, including exposure to GAAP accounting, CPA preferred but not required.
• Experience in technical GAAP accounting research & implementation of standards.
• Experience researching GAAP issues & implementing & rolling out new FASB Pronouncements.
• Advanced Excel proficiency & familiarity with QuickBooks.
• Interest in a long-term role.
• Multi-entity consolidation & international experience, a plus.
As of August 2021, a condition of employment for all new CIC employees in Massachusetts is full COVID-19 vaccination. More details will be shared during the interview process & we can answer questions at that point if you have any.
If you don't meet all the requirements or qualifications but bring some other unique skills & experience that would be valuable in this role, please apply & highlight those attributes for us in your cover letter.
• Starting compensation is commensurate with experience, & the structure is straight salary.
• 100% company paid premium healthcare & dental benefits.
• 100% company paid long & short-term disability, & life insurance.
• 401k (must be 21+).
• Three weeks of vacation (more with seniority) plus thirteen holidays from the start.
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy & supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
• Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven & bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn & develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company.
• Discounted services & memberships on tools to make your life happier/healthier, such as gym memberships, tech & design support, hotel stays, & other fantastic options.
• Central location. CIC Cambridge is a stone's throw from the Kendall Square MBTA Red Line stop. CIC Boston is centrally located in downtown Boston & is within walking distance to the Blue, Green, Orange, & Red line.
• Free weekly COVID-19 testing when required to work on site.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Any other human expressions & experiences not mentioned here are equally welcome. If you require an accommodation, please let us know. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.