Peloton's System Engineering team is looking for experienced, well-rounded Senior Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) to work on our current & future products. In this role, you will directly take responsibility for the quality of the product & work closely with Software/Hardware developers, Product Management & help teams cultivate a quality mindset, coach & advocate for quality while assisting teams with software testing practices.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with writing automated functional tests
- Ability to mentor, coach & lead other team members
- Solid understanding of Java/Kotlin for Android development
- Solid understanding of Git/Gerrit
- Experience designing, implementing and/or debugging systems software & complex embedded firmware
- Good Analytical skills to work with developers for troubleshooting, peer review & test automation scenarios
- Good reporting skills to consolidate various automated test reports into meaningful dashboard(s) for quick access by the broader team
- Experience working in a CI environment
- Proactive in learning new tools/techniques
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Set up test frameworks & help set up automation infrastructure for Peloton systems.
- Perform low-level debugging & testing of firmware/system OS
- Contribute to the development of verification strategy, test design, & test infrastructure
- Participate actively in bug/issue triage with the feature teams & support well informed decisions towards business & engineering goals
- Work with teams to understand test automation gaps & implement coverage
- Assist in driving adoption of best practices in testing & maintainability
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Hands on experience with Linux & C/C++
- Hands on experience with the Android OS
- Hands on experience with setting up & configuring Jenkins or CircleCI
- Experience interacting with REST API for test reporting
- Experience with publishing applications to the Google Play Store
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.