BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is hiring a manager to work in the companys law department to support the corporate secretarial function.
- Support corporate secretarial function
- Act as a public notary & maintain corporate records, including minute books & corporate resolutions
- Advise, plan & prepare for board of director & stockholder meetings for BuzzFeed & all of its affiliated companies & JVs
- Design & create board book materials, including PowerPoint presentations
- Assist with the formation, maintenance, dissolution & restructuring of legal entities, including legal entity corporate compliance activities, such as annual meetings, appointment of directors & officers, powers of attorney, annual reports, & related document preparation & filing
- Attend to registration & other corporate entity compliance requirements in the United States & in multiple non-U.S. jurisdictions
- Build & maintain a database of subsidiaries along with all related corporate records (for example, minute books & other documents)
- Collaborate with business on legal entity filings & the renewal of registrations & licenses
- Bachelors degree required, advanced degree a plus (JD, MBA, CPA)
- 7-10 years of legal entity management experience, preferably in a corporate legal department
- Extensive prior work in managing corporate records
- Knowledge of both the U.S. & international legal entity management landscape
- Experience in entertainment and/or media
- Superior computer skills a must (including Microsoft Office & the Google Workplace Suite, redlining/comparison software tools, setting up complex databases & tables, & board management applications such as Diligent or Boardvantage)
- Past work in designing & creating board presentations
- Have strong organizational skills
- Pay careful attention to details & deadlines
- Exercise great discretion & can be trusted with highly confidential information
- Have experience interacting with senior executive management, investors & members of the board directors
- Be able to multitask & prioritize
- Take pride in & are skilled at written & verbal communication
- Are cool under pressure
- Have unimpeachable integrity
- Possess a sense of humor
- Carry yourself with humility, grace & professionalism
- Are fun, upbeat & have a glass-half-full view of the world
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Willingness to work remotely for the near future, with an ability to physically work in the companys Manhattan, New York or Los Angeles, California offices once the company ends remote work
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.