Company Description|Job Description
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
About The Team
Tradeshift's App Platform Team takes what is unique about a company's supply chain & turns it into a sustainable competitive advantage. There's no single answer for a company aiming to consolidate & digitize their supply chain - that's where our Apps Team comes in.Tradeshift Apps provides individual pluggable applications that work together to cover the different aspects of a business such as procurement, supplier risk, sustainability, finance, etc. We're a team of fun individuals from all different backgrounds, & we'reexcited to support our new engineers!
We believe that for something as critical as a company's supply chain, industry standard practices are just not good enough - thiswhere you make an impact.You will help build widely varied apps to support different business needs, & build on a strong integrated core that enables supplier connectivity & collaboration, all in real time. The Apps you buildprovide external connectivity & integration with a company's existing systems & programs which greatly accelerates solution deployment.
What a day is like:
You're perfect for this role if you:
You also have:
- Around 5 years of experience in a technical environment - we still want to hear from youeven if you have less experience!
- Have experience with relational & non-relational databases & database architecture.
- Familiarity withtranslating sales pitches to system implementations & vice versa.
- Experience designing & developing web services & infrastructure.
- An appetite for adventure: Working across countries to kick off new product areas & operational platforms will require you to think out of the box & address unforeseen challenges as they come up.
- Experience developing web applications with large scope & complexity.
- Demonstrated results in leading technical design efforts.
- Previous integration experience.
- A preference for working closely with a fun, warm & welcoming team of talented engineers.
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you'll be surrounded by the best & brightest in the industry, as well as a few of our furry friends. Your colleagues are wicked smart & some of the kindest & nicest people around. We're never assholes. You'll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, & have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, & guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride & passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong matchin the middle of the work day, & then you'll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
Shifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts
- Career & professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours & vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries & snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental & vision benefits
- Life, short & long-term disability insurance
- Wellness & volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings & much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.